Is Overeem HW GOAT if he beats Stipe, then Cain?

pjswmkj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He'll also have wins over JDS and Werdum. Not only has the belt been bouncing around at hw, but goat status is as well.

Ah look, the daily "is Overeem the HW goat if...?" thread.

Let's just wait and see

Hell no. Dude has a dozen knockout losses. I don't think he can do anything realistically to be considered the GOAT. He can become great and in the mix but GOAT? No.

Oh great another GOAT thread. Is Bigfoot Silva the heavyweight GOAT if he wins his next ten fights and the title and defends it three times?

He may not be the GOAT, but may be the HORSE.

If he wins the belt and beats Werdum, Cain, Browne in a rematch, and JDS a second time, then he is undoubtably the HW goat.

hmm, no , he will be top 5 though. He will have to actually defend a few times avoiding being knocked out. But there are a lot of hws that could be top 5 so its just objective

If he beats Stipe yes, beating Cain is not necessary.

He'll also have wins over JDS and Werdum. Not only has the belt been bouncing around at hw, but goat status is as well.
giphy.gif

He can lay claim to the title of #1 HW in the world, in whatever year it is... but Reem has never been anywhere near as dominant as Fedor was for an entire decade.
There are a lot of arguments to be made about GOAT nowadays, but until someone cleans out the division without leaving a decent challenger and/or defends the title for an extended period of time (on par with what we've seen from Anderson, GSP, Chuck)... they're all #2.

If he beats Stipe yes, beating Cain is not necessary.
I don't even know what beating cain means at this stage. He's spent a large percentage of his career sidelined by injuries and he's fought 3 different men in five fucking years. And one of those 3 served him up a sound ass woopin'.

Who knows where cain stands at this point.

he'd be in the discussion for top 5, HW GOAT though?

I8kq0uJ.gif

No....he would need to have a much longer reign as champ for me to consider him...his record is pretty spotty against top competition.

hw isnt a question. it never was. its fedor

No....he would need to have a much longer reign as champ for me to consider him...his record is pretty spotty against top competition.

His record is spotty period.

Back