Did Sherdog hate Cain the way Sherdog hates Conor and Ronda now?

essie

sue me
@Silver
Reaction score
I obviously wasn't here when he was in the midst of his JDS trilogy so I'm curious. The vitriol that is spewed at Conor and Ronda here seems mostly derived from A. their ability to promote themselves and B. the promotional backing of the company in so far as at times hyperbolic statements. Now Cain was never very good at promoting himself but obviously had the 'greatest HW ever' hype going. When he got knocked out by JDS was it as big of a celebration of hatred here as when Ronda lost to Holly and Conor to Nate?

To be clear I'm genuinely curious.​

No, cause Cain didn't get a disgusting amount of undeserved hype before he got knocked out.

Actually, quite the opposite. He was the one that destroyed the UFCs first hype job, Brock Lesnar.

Is Sherdog some collective borg mind now?
No but there is such a thing as a majority, and spending time here its clear that the majority has certain opinions. It's not a negative thing it's just a thing.

No but there is such a thing as a majority, and spending time here its clear that the majority has certain opinions. It's not a negative thing it's just a thing.

So in a nutshell just a bunch of sheep.

I refuse to assimilate.

People like going against the grain and, in this case, the hype of Ronda and Conor. Cain wasn't overhyped and, therefore, people didn't get sick of him and dislike him as a result.

No, cause Cain didn't get a disgusting amount of undeserved hype before he got knocked out.

Actually, quite the opposite. He was the one that destroyed the UFCs first hype job, Brock Lesnar.
Ah, I didn't think about that. I could see Cain getting a lot of love for beating Brock. Disgusting amounts of undeserved hype seems a bit dramatic though. But then again I never understand why you would hate on a fighter for promoting themselves or the company for pushing stars that make them money.

Cain only got shit for his tattoo as far as I remember

Sherdog isn't mad were just disappointed in his inability to stay injury free.

The vitriol that is spewed​

OOOOH OOOOOH OOOH can you parrot the words "hate" and "venom" too pretty please!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

OOOOH OOOOOH OOOH can you parrot the words "hate" and "venom" too pretty please!!!!

hqdefault.jpg
Only if you can continue to clumsily ignore the opportunity to have a discussion in favor of forcing an unfunny meme!

Over hyped, racist tattoo, held up division for years, always injured, what's not to love?

Only if you can continue to clumsily ignore the opportunity to have a discussion in favor of forcing an unfunny meme!

The fact that you are seeing some kind of connection here is enough for me not to give a shit. So more memes it is.

umad-small-boy-car.gif

The fact that you are seeing some kind of connection here is enough for me not to give a shit. So more memes it is.

umad-small-boy-car.gif
You were able to get the job done and I'm very proud of you.

Most people didn't care enough to hate. Cain was always very quiet and shy too, his interviews were all the same, just the same words rehashed. Ronda and Conor are hated for their attention seeking and personalities and ego's, among other things.

Cain's injuries are so annoying, and people are probably bored with him, rather than hate him. its just one injury after another after another. 3 different opponents in 5 years he has fought, madness.

No, not really. This was before the constant injuries (yes, he'd had the most recent one, but it was before it became every fight), before the undeserved rematch, before he fought the same 2 people for years, before the UFC wanted to make him the biggest Mexican Combat Sports star in the world. At that point, he caught shit for his tattoo, but otherwise, was fairly popular and had destroyed the previous hype job in Brock. JDS also had a lot of fans who were, obviously, very excited. But they weren't trying to tear down Cain, they mostly called it one of the greatest wins in HW history (beating the seemingly unstoppable Cain!).

He took way more shit for the Werdum loss.

wouldn't know, he was hurt when I joined Sherdog

Back