Joe Soto in vs. Chris Beal; "Kid" Yamamoto scratched from Ottawa FN (89) event

Kid has pulled out of more fights than he has fought (In the ufc).
Might be time to call it quits.

They need to just cut Yamamoto. I never expect him to show up anymore.

I wonder what he's doing? Obviously he's not getting paid to pull out of all these fights. Could he just be milking the UFC insurance?

We were robbed of Yamamoto vs Faber in their primes. Always wanted that fight.

Time for Yamamoto to go. Not questioning his brilliance in the mid 2000s, but he hasn't won a fight since 2010, no wins in the UFC, and has had two fights since 2012.

Hope Soto gets a win here, dude did pretty well against Dillashaw considering it was a short notice fight. Beal is a scary guy though.

Kid has pulled out of more fights than he has fought (In the ufc).
Might be time to call it quits.

Kid was already on thee downside when the UFC signed him. I hadn't followed his career with much diligence but I'm pretty sure he'd already been hampered by some injuries.

KID was terrifying between 2005 - 2007, nowadays he is a prime example of a fighter that needs to retire.

Would loved to have seen him face Faber as previously mentioned or Mitsuhira Ishida.

Last edited:
He can't even win a round in America!

I wanted to see vintage Kid Yamamoto :( guess I'll have to watch old fight footage from the past... Seeing him get tapped by Vaughn Lee was heart breaking.

Cut him.

One of the reasons given for cutting fighters in the past was inactivity. Kid drops out of more fights than anyone. He needs to retire, if not, release him.

I bet, if released, he'll fight a lot more frequently in Japan.

Also, Soto wins. Either UD or a TKO.

I honestly thought Joe Soto retired.

e: oh i was thinking of Cariaso.

Last edited:
Til he met Mighty Mouse who I remember came in as a slight underdog to him lol.
DJ vs. Yamamoto is a beautiful fight. Mouse was like a dam mind reader though.

3.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back