Don't you find it unprofessional how some fighters gas in one or two rounds

Hello There Friend

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a pro athlete, that's pretty sad. And the sad thing is these guys or gals sometime gas while hardly doing anything, such as simply circling the cage while throwing one punch per minute, You'd think for pros, this guys would have their cardio in gear. But me personally, if you gas out in a three round fight, your cardio is terrible, 15 minutes isn't that long. And yes, I know how tough fighting is endurance wise so don't come at me with that whole "that's couch potato talk!" Let's just be real here. The cardio for a lot of UFC fighters still isn't as good compared to a sport like boxing, Also, most boxers say in shape years round. Only a couple of MMA fighters stay in shape year round.

Just saying.

I'd like to see how long will it take you to gas, champ.

You can't just dismiss the most obvious jibe at your shitty argument like this "so don't come at me with that whole "that's couch potato talk!". They come at you with the couch potato talk for a good reason.

Everyone should ask what Nate and Nick does, because it's pretty crazy that they have such cardio. Even when they are getting beat they still are there.

99silva pls go

The whole thing can be about adrenaline dump, at times.
So, no hard feelings about that.
I doubt that they are not well trained in general.

I'd like to see how long will it take you to gas, champ.

You can't just dismiss the most obvious jibe at your shitty argument like this "so don't come at me with that whole "that's couch potato talk!". They come at you with the couch potato talk for a good reason.

I'd like you to see that too, because if you did see that you wouldn't be talking like that.

A semi heart attack after a one minute brawl is normal.

The whole thing can be about adrenaline dump, at times.
So, no hard feelings about that.
I doubt that they are not well trained in general.
I was going to write this exact thing out, well said!

Sometimes you have no control over gassing no matter how well you are prepared, adrenaline can burn it up just thinking about a fight. It's harder than most people think to stay calm and clear minded before a fight

Cardio in MMA is vastly different to that of boxing because you deal with different types of work, not getting tired is not only conditioned to your aerobic capacity, but also to how accustomed are you to the task at hand, mucles get better at using oxygen in more efficient ways when they have performed something many times, and your breathing patterns also adjust to different efforts. A lot of MMA guys still come from a single background and mixing it together will still be tiring, specially when you're not deciding what's happening next, something that doesn't happen to the same extent in other combat sports.
I think the training in MMA, for most pros, can still be vastly improved, but I think it's fair to look at both sides of the coin.

2Jk5gL2.jpg

I'd like you to see that too, because if you did see that you wouldn't be talking like that.

I don't go around calling out professional fighters and legitimate badasses for gassing out early. It's a tough fucking sport.

But, again, if you are a troll, I tip my hats off to you.

It's not difficult for a well conditioned athlete to get fatigued if they aggressively attack & look for the finish for 1 or 2 rounds.

Most Sherdoggers probably run out of breath wacking it. Yet we criticize athletes that are at the pinnacle of their sport. There are lot of factors to take into account that going into gassing. It's not always as simple as "didn't train hard enough".

If this is a troll, it's good shit. I approve.

Pretty sure he's genuinely mentally deranged

Most Sherdoggers probably run out of breath wacking it. Yet we criticize athletes that are at the pinnacle of their sport. There are lot of factors to take into account that going into gassing. It's not always as simple as "didn't train hard enough".

TS gassed typing out those 3 "white privilege in the UFC" threads he made in a span of like 2 days

It's not difficult for a well conditioned athlete to get fatigued if they aggressively attack & look for the finish for 1 or 2 rounds.

If you're really going all out berserk, I could see that. But let's be real here, a lot of these guys aren't gassing out because they are going crazy and aggressive with the strikes. A lot of the times you see guys gassing out simply from moving around the cage and throwing a few punches here and there.

Also, the majority of fighters have a terrible diet. Which is another reason why they gas so quickly.

Sometimes you aren't 'efficient' enough. Just ask Conor.

Back