Do you think Silva could have beaten Rashad after the Griffin win ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know coulda woulda shoulda all the way, and obviously i'm a spider fan, but do you think he could have been able to be the first actual two divisions champion back then ?

I know Rashad was at his peak and as a wrestler he could have given problems to Anderson. Lyoto beat him decisively but he was more comfortable with these kind of fights

Yes... he would have beaten Evans, Shogun too. Machida is close, Jones would've smashed his goofy teeth in.

In that era, I would've had Silva as the betting favorite against even Jason Voorhees.

That's back when Silva was in the matrix, I love suga Rashad but Silva would have done some matrix shit on him.

At that point, yes. We saw what a counter puncher like Machida did to him. After that, though, he went to a grappling-heavy style that might have given Silva fits.

Silva would have beaten Rashad then and I definitely taken him over Rashad now.

Probably not as badly as Machida did. But yes, we would have gotten the Shadface one way or another if it had been Silva instead of Lyoto in there.

How Anderson does against Lyoto and Shogun is a little less certain, but I think it is safe to say he would have had a chance. Anderson was good enough to be a two division champ, unquestionably.

Back