Fights to make in LHW top15

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
1) Alexander Gustafsson vs. Nikita Krylov (Nikita has 4 fight winning streak, both europeans, can be possible headliner for UFC HamburgER)

2) OSP vs. Lil Nog (Solid fight, Lil Nog is still top10-15 guys with wins over Evans, Cummins and questionable loss against Shogun)

3) Shogun vs. Manuwa (Fight that should have happened, both KO artists)

4) Corey Anderson vs. Cummins (Two wrestlers comming off a loss, can be fun fight, imo)

5) Gian Villante vs. Jan Blachowicz or Jan Blachowicz vs. Ed Herman (Random fight)

Gustafsson lost his last fight, so I'd rather match him with OSP, who also lost his last fight. Krylov should fight Lil Nog or Shogun.

1) Alexander Gustafsson vs. Nikita Krylov (Nikita has 4 fight winning streak, both europeans, can be possible headliner for UFC HamburgER)

2) OSP vs. Lil Nog (Solid fight, Lil Nog is still top10-15 guys with wins over Evans, Cummins and questionable loss against Shogun)

4) Corey Anderson vs. Cummins (Two wrestlers comming off a loss, can be fun fight, imo)

5) Gian Villante vs. Jan Blachowicz or Jan Blachowicz vs. Ed Herman (Random fight)

While these guys are both interesting and it would be a good fight, I don't think Shogun can really be considered as a "KO artist" anymore. He only has 2 in the last 5 or so years and those were against Forrest and TeHuna. 2 guys who are now retired.

Isn't Top 15 of LHW pretty much the entire division?

So, so shallow.

Build Krylov up a bit more, no point throwing a promising LHW to the wolves.

Gus Vs Rashad
Shogun Vs Bossé/O'Connell winner
Lil Nog Vs Sonnen when he return in 2 month
Krylov Vs Manuwa

Isn't Top 15 of LHW pretty much the entire division?

So, so shallow.
Only 32 (205) fighter under contract right now.

Use to be the best division of the UFC...
:(

Mismatch. Why should Krylov jump ahead Little Nog, Shogun, Manuwa and OSP in the rankings with a win over Francimar Barroso?

A borderline mismatch. Try Gus vs OSP and Krylov vs Little Nog instead.

Great match up stylistically, rankings also makes sense.

Good match up.

Yeah, why not.

Manuwa vs Shogun is a great match up.

Also either of those two vs. Bader would be fun.

Krylov should be brought up a little slower, maybe against Corey Anderson he would be better tested.

Rashad vs. Gus makes sense.

As for Gian I think he should be thrown to the wolves in a sink or swim fight, so I would have him face lil Nog.

Only 32 (205) fighter under contract right now.

Use to be the best division of the UFC...
:(

To be honest as much fun as 205 has been over the years it's always been pretty shallow really. Think about how two consecutive MWs got title shots about 4 years ago. Or Lyoto off a 1-2 skid. Or how guys like Rampage, Shogun, Chuck, Randy etc got title shots off only 2-win streaks.

Meanwhile in the big, deep divisions like 145/155/170, it's been much more rare to see challengers with less momentum than a 3-win streak.

To be honest as much fun as 205 has been over the years it's always been pretty shallow really. Think about how two consecutive MWs got title shots about 4 years ago. Or Lyoto off a 1-2 skid. Or how guys like Rampage, Shogun, Chuck, Randy etc got title shots off only 2-win streaks.

Meanwhile in the big, deep divisions like 145/155/170, it's been much more rare to see challengers with less momentum than a 3-win streak.
yeah the golden era is gone, 6-7 yrs ago the roster was full

Chuck,Page,Couture,Tito,Wand,Forrest, Bonnar,Rashad,Machida,Thiago Silva, Jardine, Phil Davis,Bader Lil Nog,Matyushenko & the real deal Houston Alexander.

Pretty good top 15 back then tbh...

I like it
But I think Cummins needs to take a big step back in competition and pick up a few wins. I think Corey walks through him.
Love the shogun fight

Both Ilir Latifi (#13) and Ryan Bader (#5) have posted on social media that they will face eachother on September 3 in Hamburg, Germany.

Thoughts ?

pretty good..

- i think Manuwa is better than people think, and would torch Shogun now (he got lucky that Corey seemed starstruck IMHO)
- who would you like for Latifi? (i think I wanna see him vs Manuwa- yes, im aware of Bader)

pretty good..

- i think Manuwa is better than people think, and would torch Shogun now (he got lucky that Corey seemed starstruck IMHO)
- who would you like for Latifi? (i think I wanna see him vs Manuwa- yes, im aware of Bader)

Manuwa earlier said that he'll avoid Latifi, since he is a friend/training partner

make Gus vs OSP.

would put a decent amount of money on OSP, who is in my opnion very underrated against gus, in my opinion very overrated. the line on OSP would be interresting to see...

I'd say OSP by stunning early KO

Mismatch. Why should Krylov jump ahead Little Nog, Shogun, Manuwa and OSP in the rankings with a win over Francimar Barroso?
UFC matched up Ryan Bader with Latifi who has 3 fight winning streak, why they shouldn't give Gus the same treatment and let him fight top15 guy with a good streak? and Gus is 1-3 in last four now

Gus vs OSP makes not much sense (although i want to see that fight) loser will be in a very tough spot (for Gus: 1-4 in last 5 fights, for OSP 1-3 in last 4 fights)

Back