The Rise of RDA.

MMAd Man

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just wanted to get your thoughts on the rise of RDA to the LW Champ he is today.

He went through something of a career resurgence. Lost his first two fights in the UFC. Submitted by Guida, dropped a split to Tibau, lost a UD to Nurmagomedov. Even dropped a decisions early in his career He was always right up there with the best guys but not quite elite.

However in his last 4 fights he has looked pretty much unstoppable. He would have destroyed McGregor, is the favorite against Alvarez, the only person people seem to think can beat him is Nurmagomedov. He even put his name in the hat to fight Lawler at 170lb for UFC 200 so his confidence must be sky high.

He is also in much notably better shape in his last few fights than in his early fights. No accusations but the muscle mass has definitely been put on.

What do you guys think we can contribute his success to? Could he easily avenge his old losses? (of course Nurmagomedov is still a close one) Did he change camps or coaches in the last few years (seen him at Evolve in Singapore a few times)? How long can he hold the belt for in the very tough 155lb division?

In before pictures comparing his physique and size and questioning his methods, which many think are questionable altogether.

Unstoppable? any top 5 LW can beat him. Only one he fought already did. I'm actually betting on Alverez to man handle him. He's good no doubt but very beatable in that murderers row.

His main change is fitness. Has Hired Marnovich accolade Nick Corsain and does big plyometrics since khabib fight.

Last edited:
I cant believe Nate tried to block leg kicks with his hand...or by turning away and getting the back of his hamstring kicked.RDA literally dominated that fight with mostly leg kicks. 100% that shit would happen the exact same way again.

RDA is the man right now. He will get beat though and not by Khabib. RDA stuffs Alvarez...so...hes pretty much screwed then. RDA is to solid in fundamentals to be lured in and beat by Pettis.

I dont think a wrestler beats RDA.

Is his Championship fight on Fox?

In before pictures comparing his physique and size and questioning his methods, which many think are questionable altogether.
He trains with a protege of the Marinovich Bros., who are great and even got famously lazy BJ Penn into great shape.

I can't rule anything out. But there's explanations for his improvement other than "he's on roids!"

Unstoppable? any top 5 LW can beat him. Only one he fought already did. I'm actually betting on Alverez to man handle him. He's good no doubt but very beatable in that murderers row.

He's only fought one top 5 lightweight? You sure about that?

That said, 155 is a fucking shark tank.

He only 'rose' because Khabib got a bum knee. The guy defended his title once against Cowboy who's known to fail his big fights.

He's an absolute beast. Definitely one of my favourite fighters.

He destroyed Cowboy and ran through Pettis like nothing. Cowboy was on an 8 fight tear and Pettis was champ, pretty sure Benson was ranked 3 or 4 when he fought him too.

I agree with you though that division is deep he's for sure beatable in that shark tank.

His main change is fitness. Has Hired Marnovich accolade Nick Corsain and does big plyometrics since khabib fight.

So Anthony Pettis wasn't the #1 ranked fighter when he was the champ? When RDA beat him?

Might be the dumbest post I've seen all day so far. That's saying something.

I remember thinking that the Dunham decision was a bit dodgy...

Hope he loses, no more brazilian champs then.
65204481.jpg

I cant believe Nate tried to block leg kicks with his hand...or by turning away and getting the back of his hamstring kicked.RDA literally dominated that fight with mostly leg kicks. 100% that shit would happen the exact same way again.

RDA is the man right now. He will get beat though and not by Khabib. RDA stuffs Alvarez...so...hes pretty much screwed then. RDA is to solid in fundamentals to be lured in and beat by Pettis.

I dont think a wrestler beats RDA.

Is his Championship fight on Fox?

That's a pretty high opinion of RDA. He fought a very badly injured Nate. Nate had never missed weight and hasn't since then so his defense being suspect is suspect. I would favor Nate in the rematch there is no way that shit would happen the exact same way again. RDA can be beaten by any of the top guys. Eddie will test him and then he or Eddie will have to fight Nate after Nate destroys Conor.

He destroyed Cowboy and ran through Pettis like nothing. Cowboy was on an 8 fight tear and Pettis was champ, pretty sure Benson was ranked 3 or 4 when he fought him too.

I agree with you though that division is deep he's for sure beatable in that shark tank.
Top 5 today not when it was pathetic three years ago. How is Cowboy in top 5 LW now? Thought he was WW. ok then, I got alverez, tony and khabib beating him. American and Russain wrestling muscle! one already rag dolled him.

So Anthony Pettis wasn't the #1 ranked fighter when he was the champ? When RDA beat him?

Might be the dumbest post I've seen all day so far. That's saying something.
Is petis top 5 dumbass?

Top 5 today not when it was pathetic three years ago. How is Cowboy in top 5 LW now? Thought he was WW. ok then, I got alverez, tony and khabib beating him. American and Russain wrestling muscle! one already rag dolled him.

Ignorant af to discredit a win at the time based on the present. So his wins over Pettis and Benson and Cowboy mean nothing? You's gots to be trollin' son

It only looks like a career turn-around until you realize that those last 4 fights against top level LWs have been against guys who weren't from a wrestling background. (Bendo wrestled in school, but was a TKD guy long before he found wrestling, and always primarily a striker.)

At no point in his 8 year, 19 fight UFC career has RDA ever lost to an opponent who wasn't from a wrestling background (even Tibau was a state wrestling champ). There's no "sudden career turnaround" for RDA at all. The dude eats striker/jitz guys for breakfast, lunch and dinner and always has.

So yeah, of course he would have made Conor his pet, but the idea he would win a rematch with Khabib is premature.

However in his last 4 fights he has looked pretty much unstoppable. He would have destroyed McGregor ...

Ignorant af to discredit a win at the time based on the present. So his wins over Pettis and Benson and Cowboy mean nothing? You's gots to be trollin' son
I didnt discredit him I said any top 5 has a good chance to beat him. I called him a great fighter in first post. Take his nuts out of your mouth. Its fucking up your reading.

That's a pretty high opinion of RDA. He fought a very badly injured Nate. Nate had never missed weight and hasn't since then so his defense being suspect is suspect. I would favor Nate in the rematch there is no way that shit would happen the exact same way again. RDA can be beaten by any of the top guys. Eddie will test him and then he or Eddie will have to fight Nate after Nate destroys Conor.

I wanted to bold a point to challenge but then realized the entire post was absolutely terrible.

I dont want to address all this BS.

Last edited:
Back