Who's the most under rated fighter in UFC history?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
Who is/was the best fighter who nobody seems to even know, or pay any respect to whatsoever...

Imo, some candidates

Mike Pierce (9-5 in UFC) nearly beat both Koscheck and Johnny Boy
Sean Sherk - beat nick diaz (prime) Kenflo (prime) has only lost to champions
Shane Carwin - nearly beat Lesnar, lost to JDS, was undefeated prior, generally seems underrated to me

Good thread... I think i'll say Bisping or Shields(just because of how the UFC treated him).

Good thread... I think i'll say Bisping or Shields(just because of how the UFC treated him).
Shields raises an interesting factor though. At the time he entered the UFC, Shields was very highly regarded. People called him a blanket, but his resume was undeniable. There is no doubt his legacy was tarnished in/by the UFC. But given how highly respected he was at a time, it's confusing as to how we view where he's 'rated'.

Nate Diaz.

I'm serious..guy has like the most fight night awards....gets paid shit...is overshadowed by Nick Diaz.

Was brought on to be a sacrificial lamb for Conor.

Just destroyed the golden boy and the UFC still doesn't want to pay him as much as conor in the rematch.

Shields raises an interesting factor though. At the time he entered the UFC, Shields was very highly regarded. People called him a blanket, but his resume was undeniable. There is no doubt his legacy was tarnished in/by the UFC. But given how highly respected he was at a time, it's confusing as to how we view where he's 'rated'.
Well said.

He's probably overrated if anything.
That's Nick... Nate has been overshadowed his whole career.

Nobody picked him to beat Conor....before all of this, ppl thought he wasn't top 10.

I think u need to look at history and u will see that Nate is right to be mad.

That's Nick... Nate has been overshadowed his whole career.

Nobody picked him to beat Conor....before all of this, ppl thought he wasn't top 10.

I think u need to look at history and u will see that Nate is right to be mad.
They've both been overrated.

No one picked him vs Conor because they were all deluded/blinded by the hype & shit Conor spewed. & that's not true. Nate got back in the top 10 after beating Johnson.

Ivan Salaverry. His subs of Fryckland and Riggs were stellar. In particular the upkick to triangle on Joe Riggs....

Michael Bisping. Well rounded, technical, tough as hell. If only he had more punching power...

edit: On second thoughts, I change my vote. My pick's got to be Frankie Edgar. I'll explain. While Frankie could easily be a bantamweight, he:

Was a 155 champion, beating a legend in BJ Penn and arguably beating a weltweright in Benson Henderson in the process;

Is a serious contender at 145, with a solid chance of getting that belt;

Is one of the most well-rounded fighters in the UFC, with great boxing, movement, cardio, wrestling and one hell of a chin.

All in all, Frankie could pretty much be a three division champion and I'm 100% serious about it.

Last edited:
Back