Dana puts Holm down but we should thank her for fighting

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dana shits on Holly for taking the title defense against Meisha Tate rather than wait for Rousey. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and if Holm had won Dana would be singing her praises.

Dana says that Holly should not taken the fight and waited for Rousey to come back for the big money fight.

Sure, that's not a bad idea. The money is in the rematch as they say and Rousey vs. Holm II would have most likely done huge money. However, when is Rousey coming back? Right now it seems that she's pretty content trying to have Travis Browne impregnate her and there is no signs that she's coming back anytime soon. Also, she just not mentally be in the right place. I'm no Rousey fan but I definitely don't want to see her kill herself. She was that depressed to it seems.

So, how long was Holly supposed to wait for Rousey? Months, 1/2 year, year, year and 1/2, 2 year? Holding up the belt and not fighting? If Holm hadn't taken the Tate fight and was waiting for Rousey at this point we'd be at nearly a year without the BW belt defended by the champ.

At least Holm is not afraid of anyone and is willing to defend her belt consistently, in a timely fashion, and against anyone. Good for Holm for going out there and defending her belt. Sure, losing makes it seem like a bad decision, but she threw down and she didn't keep fans waiting for Ronda to decide when she might come back to fight. I'd love to see Rousey vs. Cyborg and Rousey vs. Holm II in the UFC, but who knows if we'll ever see her in the Octagon again. I hope we do.

You know that line between bravery and stupidity? Holly was reaching for it...

Tate%20vs%20Holm%20-%20Imgur.gif

Do you have an actual Dana quote?

Oh gosh another white knight coming to Holly's defense. Ronda bloated up more than a puffer fish after that loss there was no way she was coming back anytime soon regardless. Holly had to take another fight to make money and stay active so she fought the next available contender in Miesha.

Holly almost won via decision.

This.

It was the more challenging fight for her and she stepped up and put forth a great effort.

I guess for some people reaching for your highest potential is more important than being filthy rich as opposed to just rich.

Rousey STILL isn't taking fights. It isn't obvious that Tate won't make more money fighting several times in the interim... Waiting indefinitely for a big pay day that may never come is idiocy--no matter the context.

Furthermore, if Ronda does come back to fighting, that rematch is going to come right around with her.

Holly clearly did the best thing for herself, even if that's not what was best for the UFC (which is debatable anyway) and maybe not what is best for Ronda...

But let's be real here: what kind of track record does the UFC have in doing what is BEST for the fighters?

Dana doesn't have a leg to stand on here...

It would have been stupid to wait for Rousey. Holm is not young and Rousey may never even come back.

Tdrfjsx.gif

New boobs Meisha is a totally different animal than flat Meisha, she will beat Ronda, Cyborg, and Holly in rematches after slaying Nunez

Yeah, she went out on her shield. A true warrior.

She almost had it. Damn, I forgot her arms punching like that.

Warrior spirit is great, especially if you just live in the woods and hone your skills on the trees all day like Van Damme in Kickboxer. But this is the real world and she has a house, and bills, and a family, and maybe kids someday(not too familiar with her personal life).

You can't be a professional PRIZEfighter and throw away that kind of money by simply not sitting out.

All she had to do was make weight for Ronda 2 and she's guaranteed to be one of, if not THE RICHEST ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.

Ronda 2 makes more money than Ronda 1. And if she wins , she's the biggest in the sport. If she loses, she does Ronda 3 for even more money.

Warrior spirit is great, especially if you just live in the woods and hone your skills on the trees all day like Van Damme in Kickboxer. But this is the real world and she has a house, and bills, and a family, and maybe kids someday(not too familiar with her personal life).

You can't be a professional PRIZEfighter and throw away that kind of money by simply not sitting out.

All she had to do was make weight for Ronda 2 and she's guaranteed to be one of, if not THE RICHEST ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.

Ronda 2 makes more money than Ronda 1. And if she wins , she's the biggest in the sport. If she loses, she does Ronda 3 for even more money.

That'd be fine if Ronda was guaranteed to come back but Ronda hasn't said anything about ever returning anytime soon.

As a matter of fact, you'd think she'd come rushing back since Tate won and she beat Tate twice......Rousey could come and theoretically easily win back the belt against Tate which would be harder for her to do against Holm who crushed her. ......but do you see Rousey coming running back to fight Tate?

... and obviously also respect her for not tapping

It would have been stupid to wait for Rousey. Holm is not young and Rousey may never even come back.

Tdrfjsx.gif

I'll never forget that shit. All I had was a super shitty stream and all that I could get was the audio and I was still ecstatic.

That'd be fine if Ronda was guaranteed to come back but Ronda hasn't said anything about ever returning anytime soon.

As a matter of fact, you'd think she'd come rushing back since Tate won and she beat Tate twice......Rousey could come and theoretically easily win back the belt against Tate which would be harder for her to do against Holm who crushed her. ......but do you see Rousey coming running back to fight Tate?

You take that chance. You sit around and call Ronda out, until she either fights you, or everyone is clamoring to see you fight. Say what you will about them, but Mayweather and Conor obviously get this, along with the Diaz brothers.

Let's say hypothetically, I said that when Holly retires her net worth will be 5 million dollars. But if she waited for Ronda, it would be minimum 30 million dollars...

Would you still just commend her warrior spirit, and insist that in no way is she, an idiot?

You know that line between bravery and stupidity? Holly was reaching for it...

Tate%20vs%20Holm%20-%20Imgur.gif

A lot of people have made mention of Conors reaction to Nate on seeing Nate post fight. But Holly herself shows the pain of losing her strap briefly in this gif, Holy Holly still a winner warrior...

Holm-McGregor.gif

Holly did the smart thing. Obviously losing sucks but she made a shitload of money for that fight (at least a couple mill given she had PPV cut and that was one of their biggest selling PPV ever). It's been over 6 months and Ronda still hasn't said anything definitive about coming back, in fact the latest is that she probably won't even fight on the MSG card in November. Which means, Holly will have had to wait at least 1 year+ with no income for this imaginary Ronda rematch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back