Do you think Fedor is/was scared of the UFC?

Hello There Friend

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean, he always said because they don't have fair pay, which I agree with, but I also think it's because if he was to get exposed in the UFC, his career would decline greatly. Much like it did in Strikeforce, except even worse due to the history Fedor has with the UFC.

What say you?

yeah I spoke to him he said that. we hang out sometimes.

I always wondered why he cited fair pay as the reason. The UFC had to have offered him massive contracts. Was he just trying to play the hero role or something?

Fear is a foreign concept to Fedor. Ice cream he knows tho

The GOAT never needed the UFC
The UFC needed the GOAT.
fedorthrone.jpg

Fedor doesn't even know what fear is. I shouldn't need to say that.

Whatever the reason, he certainly wants nothing to do with the UFC. Ever.

I think he's established enough where he doesn't need the UFC. Fedor doesn't fear opponents in my opinion.

Fedor is a prize fighter, he has never cared about his legacy or proving he is the best. He just doesnt care, he has said it multiple times over the years. He came in to MMA to make money, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Whatever the reason, he certainly wants nothing to do with the UFC. Ever.
I think his refusal to join the UFC is completely misunderstood.

People need to realize that Fedor is thought of as a national athlete in Russia, and as a legacy of a Russian sportsman, he cannot be made to be seen as pandering down to America.

There's no question that if he came to the UFC that he'd lose at some point-- that's just the nature of sports. But the real issue is that Fedor as a person, as a brand is deeply tied to Russian patriarchy, and he cannot be used as a tool for an American company to exploit.

its really that simple...

I think his refusal to join the UFC is completely misunderstood.

People need to realize that Fedor is thought of as a national athlete in Russia, and as a legacy of a Russian sportsman, he cannot be made to be seen as pandering down to America.

There's no question that if he came to the UFC that he'd lose at some point-- that's just the nature of sports. But the real issue is that Fedor as a person, as a brand is deeply tied to Russian patriarchy, and he cannot be used as a tool for an American company to exploit.

its really that simple...

He fought for a Japanese promotion.

The UFC is known for shitty deals - look at the Reebok one.
He basically cared more about principals than Dana and co.
There was a lengthy interview that he talked about the topic.

Not of the UFC, but of the Reem.

I don't blame him though. Reem would wreck him.

Fedor is a prize fighter, he has never cared about his legacy or proving he is the best. He just doesnt care, he has said it multiple times over the years. He came in to MMA to make money, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Fedor cares about some of those things, very deeply probably, because if he didn't he wouldve never come back and fought a complete can in a freakshow fight. It's not about money-- if it was, he'd be in the UFC.

and when he did, he was a nobody at first.

also if you cannot see the difference in Japan and USA, you're just dumb.

He still fights for a Japanese promotion. Why not a Russian promotion if he's so Russian? I don't think that's the reason at all. I would guess it came down to the negotiations.

Back