TJ - Cruz FOTY so far?

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watched it for the first time today (I've been sleeping on the Bantamweight division) and it's not even close for me. It was like watching 2 grandmasters go at each other. I think each of their skillsets is up there with DJ's if not better. I need to watch more of their fights lol.

It was a great fight no doubt, for me it is right up there, my top 3 so far this year is Condit vs Lawler, Nate vs Conor, and Dom vs TJ

Mm would beat them both

I have to disagree. Both of them can keep a crazy pace for 5 rounds while being as technical as MM so the size advantage would be the deciding factor here.

I thought that said it was like watching 2 grandfathers go at each other. I had to read that like 4 times.

I have to disagree. Both of them can keep a crazy pace for 5 rounds while being as technical as MM so the size advantage would be the deciding factor here.
Cruz is one of my favorite fighters in the sport, but neither of them is on MM's level in terms of technical skill. I'm not saying that MM would beat those guys, because they are both much much bigger. But MM is light years ahead of anyone in the sport in terms of being technical.

On topic, I'd probably put Condit-Lawler at the top of the list. Nobody's mentioned it, so I'll also show some love for Tate-Holm. Although Cruz-TJ was a good fight, it's hard for me to place it near the top when neither fighter was ever hurt or in any real danger.

Watched it for the first time today (I've been sleeping on the Bantamweight division) and it's not even close for me. It was like watching 2 grandmasters go at each other. I think each of their skillsets is up there with DJ's if not better. I need to watch more of their fights lol.

roflmao, I almost died there.
No. Just no.
Cruz could, and I mean could, win against current Demetrious Johnson (who's not 2011 Johnson) just because 1) Cruz is the goat at BW 2) Cruz is like twice the size (seriously, huge BW vs small FlyW).
Dillashaw would get destroyed by Johnson.

But those two don't have skills as high as Johnson's.

And about that ''crazy pace''... their pace is not even close to Johnson's.

No way. Robbie vs Condit for sure. Much more exciting fight. Dom/TJ was very boring in comparison.

Robbie vs Condit FOTY so far

If you watch MM vs Cruz you'll see MM has a distinct speed advantage over Cruz. Cruz is a massive BW and basically had to wrestle his way to victory against MM. If he keep it standing he would have loss.

MM does everything better than TJ imo except wrestle. Good thing for MM, Bang Ludwig convinced TJ he was a Muay Thai master. He would of beat Cruz if his plan of attack was more grapple heavy. Round 4 (the only round he won), TJ used his wrestling and won the round.

Condit vs Lawler for me.

Either a poor troll attempt, or you smokin' some mean weed

I fell asleep during it

Cruz is the nightmare of MM

Back