Jon Jones: "Greatness Isnt A Coincidence, and I Just Don't Believe DC is Great."

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
"..if he was great he would have beaten Cael Sanderson in college, if he was great he wouldn't have missed weight at the Olympics, if he was great he would have beaten me to win the title. Me, I've never lost a fight. So let him be confident, he can beat these other guys all day but not me." This was said by Jon at the New York press conference a couple of weeks ago. He truly believes that DC isn't great and I tend to agree. What are your thoughts on this?

B6ClloBIMAAR2As.jpg

Jones still goat though.

After he said that you could see in DC`s face that he broke, he knows that is true and i think he gets mind fucked by Jones everytime they are in the same room. I think if the fight starts to go in Jones`s way DC will most likely broke like he did last time.

I don't like DC but I would classify him as "great" personally. He beat top 10 HWs (albeit people on here overrate the fuck out of him at HW and think he can take the title whenever he wants) then went down to LHW and beat two extremely good fighters in Gus and Rumble.

Jones is just better, is all.

I mean, if DC isn't great then almost no one are. It's fine to have extremely strict, high standards for what constitutes 'greatness', but to try to deny that DC has fought extremely well in tough fights and has an excellent resume is asinine.

Last edited:
I don't like DC but I would classify him as "great" personally. He beat top 10 HWs (albeit people on here overrate the fuck out of him at HW and think he can take the title whenever he wants) then went down to LHW and beat two extremely good fighters in Gus and Rumble.

Jones is just better, is all.

Yeah, DC is a great fighter and definitely number 2 in the division but Jon Jones is on a different level.

The only person to beat Cormier IS Jones.

Dude was captain on the olympic wrestling team.

He is great, despite he and Jones beef, and whether or not he can beat Jon.

Yeah, DC is a great fighter and definitely number 2 in the division but Jon Jones is on a different level.

DC is just really unlucky to have fought in the same era as Jones tbh

I think it's unfair to say that DC isn't great, it's just that Jones is so much better it hinders his performances. It's kind of like that scene in pulp fiction when buddy is talking about heroin, DC's real real real good shit, but Jones's is the fucking madman.

He's basically saying this because he thinks it will anger DC.

It's not to even hype the fight, Jones is just naturally a prick.

Inb4 "Matt Hamill".
Wait, what?!? Jones TKOed Hamill it's just that Hamill is deaf so he couldn't communicate well with the ref and Mazzagatti is the dumbest man on the face of the earth. Jones is obviously undefeated.

After he said that you could see in DC`s face that he broke, he knows that is true and i think he gets mind fucked by Jones everytime they are in the same room. I think if the fight starts to go in Jones`s way DC will most likely broke like he did last time.

I think this is hard to deny.

DC can bully around all but the very best. Jones is the very best, and they both know it.

If DC doesn't 'fight the perfect fight' he's going to lose again. He can't make any mistakes and he likely needs to win a decision. For his part, Jones has shown incredible Fight IQ. The confidence gap will be huge in this rematch.

DC is just really unlucky to have fought in the same era as Jones tbh

Exactly my thoughts, DC is the definition of "bad luck".
Could have been HW champ, had to drop down to 205 because his team partner Cain was a contender\champ in that the division, so drops down to 205, beats everyone except the champion who is arguably GOAT.
DC will not have a legacy who defines "GOAT`s" but in my opinion he is the 2 LHW ever, you put this guy in every LHW era he would beat them all, the only guy he doesn`t beat his the guy that is in the same era, and even at HW i think he could have been\can be champion but he will not go up because of Cain.
I feel for him because he got trought a lot in his personal\professional life, he deserved to be "great".

Back