Conor Is A Nate Wannabe

blazerkor

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Maybe that's not phrased accurately enough. Nate is everything Conor professes to be but isn't. Conor talks about how a fighter who leaves his home surroundings is weak minded. He talks about loyalty being the most important thing. Conor talks like he comes from mean streets and still lives there. Conor now lives primarily in the U.S. around white collar people in luxury mansions and high rise condos, he has reportedly brought on a lot of new guys to help him and he is constantly forgetting who gave him the breaks that got him to where he is, stepping on their backs to climb a social ladder just to make him feel better about the man he is and once was. I like Conor but he's so caught up in his own ideas that he fails to see that he's not living up to them.

Nate bought a place in the Stockton area, has trained with the same guys, the same way, his whole career, he is loyal to the people in the MMA world and he keeps it hood like where he's from. He isn't running from who he is. In all actuality Conor doesn't want to be Nate at all he just professes to. Conor wants to be the furthest thing from Conor McGregor 1988-2012 that he can be, while calling out others for being disloyal. It's not that other people don't do it, it's like 50 Cent once said, "...shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you better watch your mouth..."

Would you say this if Conor hadn't fought Nate?
My guess is no, do you really think that Conor is going to copy Nate?

200w.gif

Conor in a lot of ways, models himself after the Diaz Brothers. Everything you mentioned, and the trash talking in the ring, walking after the opponent with his arms out....the forward pressure.

He THOUGHT he was a Diaz Brother 2.0, but Nate showed him the truth.

Conor would kill himself if he had Nates bankaccount

Conor in a lot of ways, models himself after the Diaz Brothers. Everything you mentioned, and the trash talking in the ring, walking after the opponent with his arms out....the forward pressure.

the truth? there's a reason why conor is famous and nate isn't

Maybe that's not phrased accurately enough. Nate is everything Conor professes to be but isn't. Conor talks about how a fighter who leaves his home surroundings is weak minded. He talks about loyalty being the most important thing. Conor talks like he comes from mean streets and still lives there. Conor now lives primarily in the U.S. around white collar people in luxury mansions and high rise condos, he has reportedly brought on a lot of new guys to help him and he is constantly forgetting who gave him the breaks that got him to where he is, stepping on their backs to climb a social ladder just to make him feel better about the man he is and once was. I like Conor but he's so caught up in his own ideas that he fails to see that he's not living up to them.

Nate bought a place in the Stockton area, has trained with the same guys, the same way, his whole career, he is loyal to the people in the MMA world and he keeps it hood like where he's from. He isn't running from who he is. In all actuality Conor doesn't want to be Nate at all he just professes to. Conor wants to be the furthest thing from Conor McGregor 1988-2012 that he can be, while calling out others for being disloyal. It's not that other people don't do it, it's like 50 Cent once said, "...shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you better watch your mouth..."

Dana & Lorenzo went to Stockton because Nate wanted the "McGregor treatment", Nate wants "Conor Money" and so on...

I was just thinking there's been a lack of McGregor threads lately....

Would you say this if Conor hadn't fought Nate?
My guess is no, do you really think that Conor is going to copy Nate?

Nah, if they weren't in such close proximity to each other the contrast wouldn't have been so great and I wouldn't have noticed Conor's hypocrisy as clearly. I do think Conor copied Nate and professed to want to be just like him (he didn't say he wanted to be Nate he just said he would do all of the things Nate does i.e. stay in his hometown, not change, stay loyal) but now Conor is nothing like Nate and that's what I'm talking about. He tried to copy Nate but couldn't pull it off.

Please enlighten me on why Conor would want to have a 19-10 record, not near as much money as he has right now, and not be a champion.

This is like saying Tom Brady wants to be Eli Manning just because he beat him once.

They should adopt Conor, so they can say they have a UFC belt in the fam.

Remember when Conor claimed Nate was a bully and that he would crumble when he came face to face with a real man? Good times.

Back