Bobby Green is Pretty Underrated....

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Outside of the Barboza fight fight, he hasn't lost in the UFC. He has pretty solid wins too. I know why people underrate him. Its because he is insanely unlikable. That being said, if you can separate emotions out of it. He is pretty damn good.

I just rewatched his fight with Edson Barboza. The guy did pretty well. His hands looked lightning fast. He was landing a lot of good punches. Barboza just made him gun shy by kicking him so much that it opened up his own boxing because Green was flinching so bad (kinda like Pettis). He still looked pretty damn good in 15 minutes against Edson Barboza. I think he looked slightly better than Pettis.

He could very well beat Poirier.

he needs to engage more and stop trying to be a diaz
This. Less taunting, more working. The guy is very skilled but he gets outworked in seemingly every fight.

He matches up well with DDP, would not be surprised to see him get the win if his mind is right.

Before the Barboza fight, people were talking about him as if he's a legitimate title contender.

His claim to fame so far has been an incredibly mediocre fight with Thomson, where he taunted more than actually fight.

Outside of the Barboza fight fight, he hasn't lost in the UFC. He has pretty solid wins too. I know why people underrate him. Its because he is insanely unlikable. That being said, if you can separate emotions out of it. He is pretty damn good.

I just rewatched his fight with Edson Barboza. The guy did pretty well. His hands looked lightning fast. He was landing a lot of good punches. Barboza just made him gun shy by kicking him so much that it opened up his own boxing because Green was flinching so bad (kinda like Pettis). He still looked pretty damn good in 15 minutes against Edson Barboza. I think he looked slightly better than Pettis.

He could very well beat Poirier.
His mouth is overrated...by him.

Would love to see him fed to Cowboy.

original

This. Less taunting, more working. The guy is very skilled but he gets outworked in seemingly every fight.

He matches up well with DDP, would not be surprised to see him get the win if his mind is right.

Seriously he plays too much.
TemptingAlertAdamsstaghornedbeetle.gif

he needs to engage more and stop trying to be a diaz

A Bobby green fight summary: feint, feint, walk forward, taunt, feint feint, slip a punch with head movement, feint, pressure forward, feint, feint, taunt, feint, feint.

I just realized this dude hasnt fought in 2 years! Thats crazy. Is he injured or something?

People underrate him because he's 1-1 in the last 2 and a half years and could easily be winless in that time.

His last convincing win was over Pat Healy in 2013.

I just realized this dude hasnt fought in 2 years! Thats crazy. Is he injured or something?
He had quad reconstructive surgery after the Barboza fight (was never confirmed if it had anything to do with leg kicks).

For a while there the only thing that he was underrated at was overrating himself. The guy is talented but he likes himself a lot more than most fighters do and that is impressive. His injury streak lately has been underrated because it's like a Dom level injury streak. He'll likely beat Poirier if he can make it to the fight but he needs an actual big win if your claim of him being underrated as a fighter is going to carry water

The guy has pulled out of 5 fights in the UFC because of injuries.

People underrate him because he's 1-1 in the last 2 and a half years and could easily be winless in that time.

His last convincing win was over Pat Healy in 2013.
That is true. But that's also part of the story. If I am being objective, I would also have to include that he had a razor close fight against who was back then the #5 guy in Thomson (albeit a close win, that's not easy against Josh), and he had an all stand up fight with the current #6 in Barboza and got beat clearly but hung in there which not every lightweight could do. The only thing that tells me is that he does have legitimate skils

Wasn't he scheduled to fight tony Ferguson in the past? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

For a while there the only thing that he was underrated at was overrating himself. The guy is talented but he likes himself a lot more than most fighters do and that is impressive. His injury streak lately has been underrated because it's like a Dom level injury streak. He'll likely beat Poirier if he can make it to the fight but he needs an actual big win if your claim of him being underrated as a fighter is going to carry water
I mean underrated because people keep saying things like:

"Green sucks"

"All Green does in taunt"

And if you read the Poirier-Green thread, many people are counting him out.

agree that he is underrated, as is josh thomson who he defeated. guy is a terrible interview though. his thoughts are all over the place. i think he's got more ADD than the diazs combined

He has great potential, just needs to put it all together.

He's very good, I want to see him fight Michael Johnson, I think that would be a great fight.

Back