Josh Emmett's Gruesome Hand Injury is just another chapter

sflcmma0212

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
UFC Lightweight newcomer Josh Emmett has had quite the road to get into the UFC. He got his shot on less then a week's notice, flew across the world and then suffered one of the most gnarly hand injuries you will see in the sport. Urijah Faber has called Josh "The Unsung Hero of Team Alpha Male". Get to know him at about 3 minutes in and find out when we could see him back in the octagon.

Crowd really paying attention. Booing the guy with 1 hand for not using both hands. Imagine an eye poke with open bone spur

Crowd really paying attention. Booing the guy with 1 hand for not using both hands. Imagine an eye poke with open bone spur

Still ran like a coward.

He should have fought like a fighter and thrown down.

Am I doing it right?

It's too bad he had that gnarly hand injury. Once fighters hurt their hand, it seems to become a recurring thing. He looked really good in that fight. It sucks for him.

It's too bad he had that gnarly hand injury. Once fighters hurt their hand, it seems to become a recurring thing. He looked really good in that fight. It sucks for him.
yup true, I was told in the past that once you break your hand you are 30% more likely to break it again. guys who break their hands..often break their hands again.

yup true, I was told in the past that once you break your hand you are 30% more likely to break it again. guys who break their hands..often break their hands again.

Seems that way. Maybe he'll be lucky since it was more a finger than the rest of his hand. Even so, sucks to start your ufc career lookin killer for 2.5 rounds and then doin that.

As nasty as it is to look at, that looks more like the end of the bone at least and not scrotally broken. Bone looks in tact. It looks like the rounded end that sits in the joint.

But that is all to the completely untrained eye cuz im not a doctor of any sort. I mean, some call me Dr. Love, but thats different (and completely untrue).

Damn, ok thanks
Yeah, I remember being really impressed with how he was working his boxing on the much rangier fighter. Dude showed poise and composure even in the face of having his hand mangled. Look forward to seeing him fight again soon once that shit heals up.

Can you blame them ? Most MMA live crowds arent comprised of hardcores. Mostly drunk casuals who wanna see guys "stand and bang, breh". Josh is fucking legit. Also, funny how his opponent only became aggressive after he saw that he had a fucking broken finger lol. What a pussy.

Back