Why do Diaz brothers have good boxing?

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Do they have amateur boxing background or what is the story behind it? As far as i know they come from BJJ background.

People always praise their boxing and it seems more technical than average MMA boxing.

That being said, do you think that they would do well in the boxing world?

They started boxing from a very young age and they figured out a style that works only for them...

Kind of like Cruz figured out his own style of footwork.

Its just something they have been practicing from a young age so they are better at it than most other fighters who were grapplers their whole life or kickboxers their whole life.

GoldenDisfiguredHumpbackwhale.gif

Do they have amateur boxing background or what is the story behind it? As far as i know they come from BJJ background.

People always praise their boxing and it seems more technical than average MMA boxing.

Because they can't be knocked out (I mean they can, but they have insane chins) and they never get tired, and so there boxing is actually pretty sloppy but the accumulation of punches they throw (high volume, medium power) is extremely effective against other strikers who can't knock them out.. Thus they are great boxers

Not that I know a lot about it, but they train with andre ward whose a good boxer I think. And not just ward, but I assume there is a relationship between team caesar gracie and wards team or something like that. They've mentioned in the past how much time they spend in boxing gyms and how "comfortable" they feel there I think.

They also have a good boxing coach I think but I forget his name now.

Because they can't be knocked out (I mean they can, but they have insane chins) and they never get tired, and so there boxing is actually pretty sloppy but the accumulation of punches they throw (high volume, medium power) is extremely effective against other strikers who can't knock them out.. Thus they are great boxers
yeah this is pretty accurate - without the cardio and the chin, their boxing wouldn't be nearly as effective. you can't hurt them and you can't tire them out. you don't need big power if you have that combo behind it.

started young, worked hard, long reach & they are talented in that aspect of the game?

Richard Perez. They train a shit ton and have a very talented boxing coach.

Started very, very young. And they just have a warrior spirit to them. Even in their childhood photos they looked like trouble.

Mainly because they got in with the boxing scene. They train with professional boxers and boxing coaches. The Diaz brothers are not just known in the MMA world, they are also known in the boxing world. When a coach needs a sparring partner for his boxer that is a lefty there is a chance they call the Diaz brothers because they are tough enough and have become technical enough to train with pro boxers. It is their exposure to the boxing world and its coaches that has taught them to have more than competent western boxing.

I don't know about their past but they train with a few good guys, they are durable and understand how boxing works.
Alot of guys come in and are wound up and tight, these boys know how to sit on their punches and don't get exited, they just simply coninuously put leather on you while being fairly relaxed about it. It burns far less energy and wears people out. Against a wound up bad intention with every punch opponent they will just last way longer and get off more often.

They practice it, and their bodies are really built for it
Their arms are snakes

Back