Wonderboy Champ in 2016

drom141

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In my opinion, Wonderboy has the best stand up in mma lb4lb today. I think he outclasses both Rory and Lawler if not kill them like he did to Hendricks, that is, unless they can take him down. I just don't see Lawler or Rory competing with him on their feet, I mean, look at the guy's kick boxing record, and MMA record. Am I the only one here that feels that way?

Hope you're right.

Wonderboy is certainly one of the most exciting fighters in MMA, and would make a fantastic champion.

s5gkrQS.gif

tumblr_m1f4h5yvkw1qfb7bio1_500.gif

20160206102031_GettyImages508844204.JPG

Last edited:
I hope so, especially the outclassing Rory part. Rory being bitter against the UFC as a free agent after getting destroyed by Wonderboy would be very interesting to see. I expect legions of Canadian Sherdoggers to lash out as well.

That said, Rory is no easy opponent so who knows.

Well yeah, Wonderboy is amazing. Exciting, violent and seemingly a good guy. Hope his TDD is where it needs to be!

Well yeah, Wonderboy is amazing. Exciting, violent and seemingly a good guy. Hope his TDD is where it needs to be!
Yeah, if he can keep everyone standing he's gonna be hard to beat. I just see his stand up way ahead of everyone else's, but there's some bug punchers in the welterweight division too and you never know.

I disagree.

carlos-condit-post-ufc-195-1.jpg
I actually think he would give him the most trouble in a stand up fight. I would give grapplers a better chance. Oh, and I totally forgot about Maia...

Yeah, if he can keep everyone standing he's gonna be hard to beat. I just see his stand up way ahead of everyone else's, but there's some bug punchers in the welterweight division too and you never know.

There is a chance for a guy like Lawler or even Condit to stay very close to him on the feet and wear him down, turn it into a fight in a phone booth. He can be outstruck, but not by anyone willing to fight him at kicking range.

He's like Pettis with even better kicks and viscious straight punches - gotta smother him with offence.

There is a chance for a guy like Lawler or even Condit to stay very close to him on the feet and wear him down, turn it into a fight in a phone booth. He can be outstruck, but not by anyone willing to fight him at kicking range.

He's like Pettis with even better kicks and viscious straight punches - gotta smother him with offence.
that's a good strategy, go Velasquez on him and fight him against the fence.

You would've gotten a like from me had you made this thread before the Hendricks fight, now that's pretty much everybody's opinion.

I kind of have been anticipating to see him fight again after dismantling Hendricks the way he did. His striking has looked good before but in the Hendricks fight it was like a new more confident version of him. It looks like his ability to avoid takedowns through movement and scrambles has improved also. I guess we will have to wait and see how he looks in his next bout.

Overwhelming his opponents is a strength of Wonderbro. Rory is overwhelmable; not that he isnt tough as nails, but because he lets people out volume him.

Rory should have the advantage on the ground, having a black belt to Thompson's purple, as well
as more submission wins.

One of the best fights coming up.

You would've gotten a like from me had you made this thread before the Hendricks fight, now that's pretty much everybody's opinion.
What a like-miser! Should I ever see I get a 'like' from you I'll treasure it enormously!

I thought Hendricks was going to give him a TD clinic tbh, I knew his stand up was good, but he looked impressive against Hendricks.

Against Lawler, Wonderboy has a good
chance. I can see him whooping Lawler, but Lawler is much more proven than Wonderboy obviously, so we'll just have to see.

One of the few fighters that my friends and I agree on, Wonderboy is the shit.

LOL come on now, he has 1 top 10 win and for all we know Hendricks could be finished now that he can't blow up to over 200lbs on fight night, it was satisfying seeing the bully being bullied but I don't buy that Wonderboy beats Rory Mac, Rory is easily the most skilled fighter to ever fight in the UFC and not win a belt.

Back