Is "the baddest man on the planet" moniker still true?

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Usually the BMOTP title goes to hw champ in a combat sport. It used to be a boxing hw champ, but we can all agree in last 20 years that title goes to mma hw champ or more recently UFC hw champ.

The BMOTP should, in theory, beat any other human being on this planet in a hand to hand combat. N once another fighter beats the BMOTP, he himself becomes the BMOTP

While past champs like nog, fedor, Brock n Cain had that BMOTP title n for the most part it was undisputed (nog was a hw bjj master with solid striking, fedor was the most complete hw fighter at the time, Brock had a sheer size n athletic ability to go with his elite wrestling n Cain is a well rounded hw with insane pace) it simply doesn't feel the same in recent times.

werdum, but especially stipe, don't come across as BMOTP.

Just can't see these two guys as clear favorites in a hypothetical tournament in which anybody can enter.

The BMOTP title should probably go to jon jones at this point.

I agree, at this point it has to be Jones.

I know a thing or two about the subject. As the greatest DAMN poster on this DAMN site, I realize that monikers like that are earned though performance and a following. Jon (like myself) has certainly had some amazing performances and we are both highly regarded in our respective forums. (No pun intended)

I wouldn't say they Stipe is the baddest dude on the planet because that weight class in in constant flux, while Jon has been on top for a long while.

Hard to say.

When Jones faced someone his size (Gustafson), he got pushed to the brink. Gus busted him up damn good, and even outwrestled him.

Not sure he could move up to HW and be anywhere NEAR as dominant as he is at LHW.

no...not about being badest, all about ppv buys
aaaa.jpg

I think with a little more time getting used to seeing Stipe kick ass, we will start to believe he's worthy of that title.

Hard to say.

When Jones faced someone his size (Gustafson), he got pushed to the brink. Gus busted him up damn good, and even outwrestled him.

Not sure he could move up to HW and be anywhere NEAR as dominant as he is at LHW.

Give us the damn rematch already.

UFC fighters are small fry. True baddest man on the planet have long since transcendended the need to fight others with their barehards.

Baddest man on the planet right now

main-qimg-049f4c7b7018c33b0745c3ff7975a1d6

Baddest man on the planet of all time

03genghis.xlarge1.jpg

It can't be jones because he doesn't fight at HW.
If he's so bad he'd be fighting there.

Stipe Miocic is the bmotp until he loses the title.

It's kinda of stupid because the athletes in mma are so terrible compared with the NFL. If you had the entire NFL train combat sport maybe a handful of current UFC fighters would be able to crack the roster.

It never did

came to say this.

It's kinda of stupid because the athletes in mma are so terrible compared with the NFL. If you had the entire NFL train combat sport maybe a handful of current UFC fighters would be able to crack the roster.

NFL athletes are impressive with periods of rest far more often than MMA fighters are allowed. I've only heard that the NFL has the best athletes in the world from the NFL and the people that believe them. Could be true but I think you've fallen for a long-standing marketing ploy.

Tbh I would give any UFC heavyweight a chance against Anthony Joshua in a no holds bared fight, that dude is a straight beast.

Hard to say.

Yea this for sure. Gus actually won, I mean the winner of a fight in real life is the one that causes more damage. It was close but gus did more damage so it goes to him. Don't even start with "the judges scored it for jones" crap like judges aren't human and know everything. It seems half the time they get it wrong. You could tell jones was a beaten man after that fight.

To me there have only been 3 Baddest men on the planet ever. Ali (the original BMOTP) Prime Tyson and Fedor. The baddest man on the planet needs to be a Heavyweight capable of beating (or at least being favoured to beat) any other combat athlete on the planet at that point in time. Cain was looking like a candidate until JDS wrecked him in his prime, then he was kind of getting it back and Werdum took it from him. I'm a huge Jones fan but he fights a weight down from Heavyweight so I can't count him.

BMOTP is the HW crown....period. Only reason it wouldn't be is if the division was clearly full of pathetic fat sloppy bums which it isnt. There are a lot of very big very good conditioned experienced technical fighters up there. Im not ready myself to commit to Stipe being the BMOTP but its certainly a top 5 UFC HW and he definitely could be. Maybe if Stipe keeps winning it will be official. But just because a long reigning champ at HW hasnt been established yet doesnt mean the title of BMOTP then goes to the LHW champ in the meantime. The BMOTP is one of the top 5 HWs. You cannot be the BMOTP when youre cutting weight to avoid bigger guys. Period.

I agree, at this point it has to be Jones.

I know a thing or two about the subject. As the greatest DAMN poster on this DAMN site, I realize that monikers like that are earned though performance and a following. Jon (like myself) has certainly had some amazing performances and we are both highly regarded in our respective forums. (No pun intended)

I wouldn't say they Stipe is the baddest dude on the planet because that weight class in in constant flux, while Jon has been on top for a long while.
200w_d (1).gif

Back