The main event that you look most forward to.

Handawg

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We have a few good main events on the cards for the UFC, but hardly any decent build up. I feel as if the whole McGregor dilemma has outshadowed the excitement of the upcoming cards. With all the promising cards ahead, what main events over the next 2/3 months do you guys look most forward to?

I love the Almeida/Garbrandt matchup, even though I dig Lineker/Garbrandt more. Think Almeida makes easy work of Cody. Two young, hungry guys in a very interesting division.

Obviously, we have Cormier/Jones 2, which has surprisingly had hardly any build up (on the most personal and interesting rematch possibly in UFC history.)

I also like the Rory/Wonderboy idea, but can see it going similar to Ellenberger/Rory, where two guys were waiting for the other guy to press forward.

Any other main event you guys find exciting?

Jones / DC ll for the near future.

Should be a war between two dudes who legit don't like each other.

It's only somewhat safe to talk about what fights are coming up in the next 2 weeks.

Most looking forward to Wonderboy v Rory then Almeida v Garbrandt. Im mad hyped for those two, the rest of the upcoming main events im pretty excited for.

Rory/Wonderboy

Rory is my favorite fighter and I hope he wrecks Wonderboy to give a big fuck you to the UFC and gets a better contract. A contract he deserves.

Rory vs Wonderboy I can't wait for this one, excited to see Almeida again I think that fight won't last 2 long.

Rory vs Wonderboy I can't wait for this one, excited to see Almeida again I think that fight won't last 2 long.

I agree it won't last long but if you're implying Almedia is a lock to win, and i'll be honest i'm not sure that's what you were saying, but i'll have to disagree. Gardbrandt for my money has faster hands and harder punches than Pickett and Almedia looked very hittable against him having got dropped multiple times. Almedia could certainly win, this fight is going to be awesome and it could end in a flash, but i think i'm leaning towards Gardbrandt as he does a good job staying on the outside until he can put together combinations, but it's like 51%-49% odds in my books. If Almedia can get inside i think he has the more diverse arsenal and Gardrandt does seem to throw looping punches that could leave him exposed, so he certainly has a path to victory in my eyes as well. These guys are both dynamite young contenders and along with Sterling and Linker present a terrific future for a division where the top guys short of Faber, who's still very good, are all in their prime to boot (Cruz-Dillashaw-Assuncao-McDonald-Dodson) although 3 of those guys have been oft injured.

Joanna vs Claudia
JBJ vs DC
Rory vs Wonderboy, these are the three that first came to mind.

Lawler v Condit II [crossing my fingers!] and Rumble vs Glover

It has to be Jones/dc

Runner up is the beating Rockhold is gonna put on bisping.

Joanna v Claudia will be a smashfest... not often you can say that in WMMA

Joanna v Claudia will be a smashfest... not often you can say that in WMMA

Definitely looking forward to that rematch. Could watch that gif of JJ dropping Claudia in the first fight all day.

At the moment next time Condit is gonna defend his belt.

Lawler v Condit II [crossing my fingers!] and Rumble vs Glover

Sadly I don't think that will happen...

Condit will probably be on the shelf a while, maybe fight Maia, maybe fights someone lower... Meanwhile Lawler probably loses the belt at some point, but even if he doesn't there are several contenders they will push ahead of Condit

Back