Roy Jones Jr. to McGregor: "Be smart. Find a good boxing guy...

He did outbox Nate. He just couldn't take what Nate dished back. The guy jumped the equivalent of 4-5 boxing weight classes for this fight. No one has ever done that in modern boxing for 1 fight.

A lot of people thinks Nate's boxing made Conor a panic wrestler.
I read a article saying that even the Nate's capacity of not being rocked by Conor's shot was due to better boxing skill.

I do not know much about boxing, but it seems that most people thinks Nate is a better boxer than Conor and don't even discuss a match against Maywether

He did outbox Nate. He just couldn't take what Nate dished back. The guy jumped the equivalent of 4-5 boxing weight classes for this fight. No one has ever done that in modern boxing for 1 fight.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/4ace70bff9debdfb

If you somehow can count you will see the total strikes favor Nate, fucking retard.

9fdbh.gif

but but....Cabo Diaz had the advantage, he was partying in Cabo drinking tequila while McGregor was doing hard promotions and training hard!!!!!!!! Also it's just because he Gassed and was inefficient!

Roy Jones Jr, knows nothing about BOXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. Just no.

I don't recall the goal of boxing being to punch yourself out, get hit and put on wobbly legs, then hit the deck looking for a takedown when your opponent is teeing off on you... but if that is the goal, maybe he is a better boxer?

Edit: I can't even quote.

but but....Cabo Diaz had the advantage, he was partying in Cabo drinking tequila while McGregor was doing hard promotions and training hard!!!!!!!! Also it's just because he Gassed and was inefficient!

Roy Jones Jr, knows nothing about BOXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, fuck what a legend says, right?

hughesgirl.gif

Because of the difference in frame and size, the two shouldn't be in there together.

Thats not outboxing him. The fight was 5 rounds. Him taking one round doesn't mean anything if he going wobbly kneed in the second.

This is the article I was talking about. Very Elucidative. I kinda started to like Nate after reading it.
I could had my mind washed, but it make me think Nate outboxed Conor

UFC 196 Judo Chop - Defying the Storm: How Nate Diaz beat Conor McGregor (click to read it)

"Nate's defense and footwork are badly underrated, perhaps because of the awkward appearance of his movements. When it comes to boxing tactics, however, he very rarely puts a foot wrong. When McGregor connects with his left hand, Diaz is able to take almost all of the power away by moving with the punch"

"McGregor reacts the way Diaz wants him to. There is no choice in it for Conor. Despite his exhaustion the slip is automatic, as is the uppercut, signs of a well-schooled fighter. But McGregor is battling fatigue as well as Diaz, and the Stockton scrapper has hard-fought experience that no amount of innovative training can replicate. As McGregor springs into his uppercut, he ends up driving his chin straight into Diaz's fist, magnifying the impact and shaking the foundations of his weary body."

Back