Thoughts on Jim Alers

Alexcejas

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I will always argue that "styles make fights". And there are few fighters who are one step above the rest. For these guys, styles are meant to be shut down, with the use of pressure and tenacity. We see these guys all over the place because they are the ones who place the sport on the limelight. These guys are the ones that sell tickets. The ones who keep on going when the gas tank emptied, the ones that go out to finish their opponents.

I see that same mindset in Jim Alers. A 145 lb fighter who goes out to finish or be finished. On top of that, I'd argue that he is a top contender at 145. He has a great record. And enough wins in the UFC to lead to a contender shot.

I'm not too sure about to how to properly copy and paste gifs from my IPad, but any Jim Alers gifs would be appreciated.

Anyways, what do you guys think of him? I see a championship-caliber fighter in him.

200w.gif

Never heard of him so I googled.

"Prior to his April 2014 split decision win over Alan Omer in his UFC debut, Alers (13-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), a Florida native, spent two years fighting in the Cage Warriors Fighting Championships promotion in Europe. It was there that Alers was scheduled on multiple occasions to fight Conor McGregor (17-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC).

Injuries would keep the fight from taking place on a Cage Warriors card, and McGregor found his way to the UFC"

The same Alers that Skelly demolished huh as a UFC champ.....Good try Jim

I like him, pretty good to watch. Doubt he'll ever amount to a top contender, though.

Ok.

Let's get this Jim Alers hype train going. I'm on.

He's big for the weight-class and is a good grappler, but his striking defense is very poor and he lacks the offense to make up for it. At 29 he's not old, but he's not particularly young either and FW is a sharktank, so he'll have to improve fast if he wants to crack the top 15.

Never heard of him so I googled.

"Prior to his April 2014 split decision win over Alan Omer in his UFC debut, Alers (13-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), a Florida native, spent two years fighting in the Cage Warriors Fighting Championships promotion in Europe. It was there that Alers was scheduled on multiple occasions to fight Conor McGregor (17-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC).

Injuries would keep the fight from taking place on a Cage Warriors card, and McGregor found his way to the UFC"
Yeah I actually spoke about this to him. he explained that Mcgregor got signed to the UFC when he was supposed to fight him for the title!

He's big for the weight-class and is a good grappler, but his striking defense is very poor and he lacks the offense to make up for it. At 29 he's not old, but he's not particularly young either and FW is a sharktank, so he'll have to improve fast if he wants to crack the top 15.

He does put his hands down. And his striking is improving at best, I'm sure he acknowledges that he is a grappler before anything. But he puts pressure on guys that just can't keep up with him. That's what impresses me

Think he would have beat Cole Miller if that fight hadn't ended prematurely tbh

I forgot who Alers is, so probably not a UFC champion

Tell Alers to learn from Josh Samman and stay away from Israel!

I will always argue that "styles make fights". And there are few fighters who are one step above the rest. For these guys, styles are meant to be shut down, with the use of pressure and tenacity. We see these guys all over the place because they are the ones who place the sport on the limelight. These guys are the ones that sell tickets. The ones who keep on going when the gas tank emptied, the ones that go out to finish their opponents.

I see that same mindset in Jim Alers. A 145 lb fighter who goes out to finish or be finished. On top of that, I'd argue that he is a top contender at 145. He has a great record. And enough wins in the UFC to lead to a contender shot.

I'm not too sure about to how to properly copy and paste gifs from my IPad, but any Jim Alers gifs would be appreciated.

Anyways, what do you guys think of him? I see a championship-caliber fighter in him.

Hey Jim

Back