Most fights before a title shot

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
UFC 199 will be Bisping's 26th UFC fight. Has any other fighter had more fights in the UFC before receiving a titleshot?

Gleison Tibau has 26 fights and has never even been in a title eliminator let alone gotten a title shot as far as I know

Theres only three fighters with more fights than Bisping: Tibau, Mir and Tito.

So, no.

THought you meant longest winning streak without getting a TS. In which case I'd say Jim MIller and George Sotiropoulos both went on 7-fight win streaks without even getting a title eliinator.

Gleison Tibau has 26 fights and has never even been in a title eliminator let alone gotten a title shot as far as I know
I think I saw recently some thread where he is second to GSP with his takedowns.
Maybe it was someone else, I'm not sure.

006_Tyron_Woodley.0.jpg

I think KONE slayed the thread with his reply

Yup Tibau, good call.

THought you meant longest winning streak without getting a TS. In which case I'd say Jim MIller and George Sotiropoulos both went on 7-fight win streaks without even getting a title eliinator.

John Fitch won 8 fights in a row before he got to fight GSP.

Another guy that comes to mind is Jim Miller, he has had over 20 fights in UFC and never fought for a title. I'm not sure the exact number he has had but I know its over 20 because I remember few fights ago he was saying its his 20th fight in UFC

yeah but bisping never deserved....

NEVER

even now

Let's be real, everybody hated Fitch.

Can't fault the guy for being effective at his craft. If GSP didn't exist he probably would've had a similar title reign. And I don't even like Fitch. My favorite fight of his was the Hendricks KO lol.

People wonder why Bisping got the title shot?
Jacare-Injured
Yoel-Suspended
Anderson-Injured
Weidman-Injured
Mousasi- Too boring for the casuals to give a shit about
Whittaker- Young foreign prospect shouldn't get a title shot this early

Holloway is on an 8 fight win streak now and is fighting Lamas next week. If he wins that's 9 straight and no title shot

He was the next best option after Jacare and it's not even close.
True, there were only 2 options and unfortunatly only Jacare was a good option.
but when you're stuck with lemons, you know.

True, there were only 2 options and unfortunatly only Jacare was a good option.
but when you're stuck with lemons, you know.

Someone made the analogy that Bisping getting a title shot is "being the tallest of the 7 dwarves"

heh

Back