Jacare talks about his surgery, why he couldn't take title fight, prediction of Bisping vs Rockhold

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
His neck surgery and why he didn't take the fight.

"It was a clean surgery, and I’m walking normally now. I had to do this surgery. I had a meniscus injury, and it would definitely get worse if I didn’t do this now. I was physically well in the fight, could move normally. Everybody has injuries going into a fight, it’s impossible to be 100 percent, but thank God I had the best strategy and won."

Souza will start rehab with his doctor and physical therapist Jackeline Figueiredo, and expects to be cleared to train in 20 days.

"I was going to say yes (and fight at UFC 199), but the MRI was done. I couldn’t just ignore the results, Healthy first. I’m a Christian man, so I prayed. Whatever was in the MRI results would determine my future, if I would take the fight or not. The doctor told me ‘you fought Belfort for five minutes and can’t walk now. Imagine yourself fighting Rockhold for 25 minutes. You’ll lose your leg’. I decided not to fight because of my health."

"Bisping is in the UFC for a long time, but that means nothing, I fought the guy that knocked him out, so no way he’s in front of me. The guys I beat are tougher than the ones he defeated. Time means nothing, what really means is what you’ve done to earn it. I earned it. They called me on short notice and I couldn’t take it, but I’m next. No need to say anything else. My loss to Romero was a robbery and then he got caught. Weidman won’t return until November. And I beat Vitor up, so I’m next."But I wish him good luck, a good fight, He can say whatever he wants, and I’ll say what I want. I hope he does a good fight. He’s in the UFC for 10 years and does a good job, so I hope he fights well."

"Rockhold keeps the title. He has a good win over Bisping, and I believe he will keep the belt, Bisping is a phenomenal athlete and defeated great fights. He’s underestimated by many people, but I don’t underestimate him. I know what he can do. I believe he will do a great fight with Rockhold. Bisping is tough, deserves respect. If you let him come, he will do it until the end and might win. But everything indicates that Rockhold will keep the title. Rockhold holds an impressive victory over Bisping, but at this level we can’t underestimate anyone."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...el-bisping-s-criticism-i-beat-up-the-guy-that

Last edited:
War Jarace!

Edit: TS's original title was "Jarace talks about his surgery..."

Last edited:
The difference between Bisping and all the other fighters is one word: YES!

/ Chael P.

Jacare is class. Very cool dude. One slight gripe I have with him is he moans about the Rockhold and Romero "robberies" too much. They were close fights but he seems to always bring up how he was robbed.

Jacare is delusional if he thinks he beat up TRTitor, in reality he's on a 1 fight win streak with a win over some scrub with a dad bod.

They called me on short notice and I couldn’t take it, but I’m next.

So why the fuck are you whining and saying that "there's no way" he's in front of you, that "time means nothing", that you beat this and that guy, yadda yadda? The UFC called, you said no, Mike said yes. End of story. Just shut the fuck up already.

edit: And you know what, Jacaré is one hell of a fighter, but he's starting to piss me off a little bit. He's crying over a fight he turned down and insists way too much on a so-called "robbery" against Rockhold. He's providing us with a whole new meaning to "alligator tears".

Last edited:
His brotha approves this message

ja-rule-650-430.jpg

Jackeline better treat him right, we want to see him next.

So why the fuck are you whining and saying that "there's no way" he's in front of you, that "times means nothing", that you beat this and that guy, yadda yadda? The UFC called, you said no, Mike said yes. End of story. Just shut the fuck up already.

I think he's saying that, but for his knee injury, he would indeed be above Bisping for a title shot. That seems to be unequivocally true.

So why the fuck are you whining and saying that "there's no way" he's in front of you, that "times means nothing", that you beat this and that guy, yadda yadda? The UFC called, you said no, Mike said yes. End of story. Just shut the fuck up already.

You are the most based Brazilian I've ever seen in my life

Much appreciated, fam.

(And before someone starts hating on me for using "fam", KONE is fam and you can deal with it.)

I think he made the right choice to get the surgery. He'll be fighting for the title before the year's end.

I have wanted to see the Jacare vs Rockhold rematch for ages!. I hope it happens soon.

Much appreciated, fam.

(And before someone starts hating on me for using "fam", KONE is fam and you can deal with it.)

KONE is more like a thorn in your side - but once it's gone, you kinda wonder where it went.

:>

neck or leg surgery???
His neck surgery and why he didn't take the fight.

The doctor told me ‘you fought Belfort for five minutes and can’t walk now. Imagine yourself fighting Rockhold for 25 minutes. You’ll lose your leg’. I decided not to fight because of my health."

"Bisping is in the UFC for a long time, but that means nothing, I fought the guy that knocked him out, so no way he’s in front of me. The guys I beat are tougher than the ones he defeated. Time means nothing, what really means is what you’ve done to earn it. I earned it. They called me on short notice and I couldn’t take it, but I’m next. No need to say anything else. My loss to Romero was a robbery and then he got caught. Weidman won’t return until November. And I beat Vitor up, so I’m next."But I wish him good luck, a good fight, He can say whatever he wants, and I’ll say what I want. I hope he does a good fight. He’s in the UFC for 10 years and does a good job, so I hope he fights well."

"Rockhold keeps the title. He has a good win over Bisping, and I believe he will keep the belt, Bisping is a phenomenal athlete and defeated great fights. He’s underestimated by many people, but I don’t underestimate him. I know what he can do. I believe he will do a great fight with Rockhold. Bisping is tough, deserves respect. If you let him come, he will do it until the end and might win. But everything indicates that Rockhold will keep the title. Rockhold holds an impressive victory over Bisping, but at this level we can’t underestimate anyone."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...el-bisping-s-criticism-i-beat-up-the-guy-that

He definitely made the right decision to go with the surgery but that doesn't mean the UFC will do the right thing and let him fight for the title when he gets healthy. Lots can happen between now and then

Much appreciated, fam.

Pretty sure hes not Brazilian, or at least has spent a very long time living outside of brazil. Ive dated 2 Brazilian women, both well educated, both living internationally in english societies for many years, and neither their english nor anyone in their families is close to as good as sirmorbah

KONE is more like a thorn in your side - but once it's gone, you kinda wonder where it went.

:>

He's more like an arrow in our hearts. #TeamKONE #NoHomo

Pretty sure hes not Brazilian, or at least has spent a very long time living outside of brazil. Ive dated 2 Brazilian women, both well educated, both living internationally in english societies for many years, and neither their english nor anyone in their families is close to as good as sirmorbah

I've lived in Germany for one year and that was pretty much it. But hey, I'm flattered! Thank you very much, my man. :')

Nah he's just really smart and has excellent taste in fighters to boot

Back