Why hasn't Bisping been given a shot before?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
Is there a particular reason why Bisping became the Gatekeeper Goat? Because I can't think of any other fighter with the longevity and success he has had, that didn't end up with at least 1 title shot?

Pretty simple really. He kept losing the fights that would have put him in a title fight.

Because whenever he had an opportunity in a big fight he didn't make it count.

He kept losing in what were usually effective title eliminator fights. He'd get close, lose, and have to start over again.

First post nailed it. So I will say the same thing in different words.

He lost every number 1 contender fight he's had. The Chael fight was very close but fact is he has fallen at the last hurdle from Hendo onwards.

He would've had his shot before had he beaten Hendo, Vitor, Wand, etc.

As much as I've always been a fan and wanted him to get a shot, I can understand why there were other fighters ahead of him in that line. That loss to Chael fucked up his plans.

The timing is perfect now though and he's the best option to face Luke Rockhold. I'm happy with that.

Because MW division was never that week...

He has the unfortunate designation of being at least a fight away due to losing one fight he should have won JUST before the division ran out of contenders, and they were handing out title shots like Oprah was handing out cars.

He's always had someone ahead of him who was more deserving of a title shot based on recent success.
Right now, the stars just aligned for him to have the opportunity. Hopefully, he realizes how important this is and doesn't fuck it up.

Pun intended?

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Dr.-Evil-Image.gif

Maybe

Bisping is the only guy I've ever heard people make the argument for with "he's been around so long, why not?" He's on his first win streak in 5 years. Worst argument for a title shot I've ever heard. Might as well give Gleison Tibau a title shot, too.

cuz he didnt earn it?

and quite frankly, still hasnt. the one he is getting is not even a legitimate shot its a replacement. AND he lost his last fight, whatever the records say

i kinda like him, but if we are discussin merits, unfortunaltely, he was never been given a title shot with reason.

So... im happy he was able to sneak in there like this. But the truth? bisping is a high-mid tier fighter. plain and simple.

Back