New York Daily News' Bob Raissman names UFC President Dana White Dweeb of The Week

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
DWEEB OF THE WEEK: DANA WHITE

In 2001, Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, along with high school pal Dana White, bought the floundering UFC for $2 million. Now, reports suggest UFC is in advanced talks to be sold for nearly $4 billion. On Tuesday White, the face of UFC, shot down those reports. But Thursday, White double-talked through Dan Patrick’s line of questioning. Twice he told Patrick UFC is “not up for sale” before saying if someone shows up with $4 billion they would “definitely” talk. Then he said: “If I’m in the middle of a deal there’s a lot of confidentiality involved in it.” Dizzy yet? He then said UFC is looking to expand to China, home of the reported highest bidder — The Wanda Group. White said his UFC days would likely be over if there was a sale. Is he sure of anything? White should follow the advice he gives his fighters — and that’s to keep his mouth shut.

Read more:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/raissman-hoping-stephen-smith-curt-schilling-article-1.2637023

The New York Daily News' Bob Raissman named UFC President Dana White Dweeb of The Week for his appearance on The Dan Patrick Show.

What are your thoughts on this? I think that it was vintage Dana White.

sddefault.jpg

Dana will name him Goof of the Century

Bob Raissman is obviously a fucking goof. Telling the best promoter in the world to shut up - get the fuck out of here.

So basically what he's saying is

0518991601d1398340418481e1d189ac825d0c-wm.jpg

"Say that to my face Bob, and slap the taste right out yer mouth, ya fuckin goofapotomus."

HHUECoM.jpg

I strongly disagree with this guy, when the ufc is for sale rumors circulated, it was talked about on every sports segment on tv and radio. And as far as the ufc is concerned, that's free press. Dana is basically the figurehead of the company, so as long as he isn't saying anything embarrassing, such as insulting fans or some of the other juvenile shit he was doing, then the exposure is good.

What's so hard to understand, majority sell isn't up for discussion right now. But if you have 4 billion you wanna spend on it the ufc would love to get some talk going
They could be selling minority shares but he's not allowed to talk about it, and they're looking to expand into asia so it's likely a chinese company looking to invest

There's nothing contradicting itself here. I get the Dana White hate but use your head and be reasonable

The Daily News!.....Your fingers are black after flipping those pages.....That paper is no longer a reputable paper...It is TMZ in print.

What that means is that UFC has begun negoitations to be sold and Danas lawyers have stated not to confirm or deny.

This pick is one of the sure way to "whore" likes along with Holly-Ronda headkick and Conor tapping to RNC around here.

That being said here's a like anyways.

I wouldn't call Dana a "dweeb" but also I wouldn't call him at all if I was a reputable martial artist.

I strongly disagree with this guy, when the ufc is for sale rumors circulated, it was talked about on every sports segment on tv and radio. And as far as the ufc is concerned, that's free press. Dana is basically the figurehead of the company, so as long as he isn't saying anything embarrassing, such as insulting fans or some of the other juvenile shit he was doing, then the exposure is good.
he was basically on tv putting the company up for tender offer - sure you have to go through the obligatory lying to peoples faces about how its not up for sale, but the point is that he got media attention for selling the company - thats a big win for the ufc

The Daily News!.....Your fingers are black after flipping those pages.....That paper is no longer a reputable paper...It is TMZ in print.

As a NYer, I agree
Look at their front page
Blac Chyna & Nicky Minaj talking selfies
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
This pick is one of the sure way to "whore" likes along with Holly-Ronda headkick and Conor tapping to RNC around here.

That being said here's a like anyways.
post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

Back