So what reason is there to take an IV while not cutting?

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
And besides medical purposes obviously. I absolutely have no idea except:

- Using saline water to influence a blood test (to mask PED's basically)
- Blood transfusion to enhance performance (but why kinda out of season?)

Both are pretty bad and an understandable reason for suspension.

So is there any other reason at all? Could there be an excuse? Hope someone here knows.

Edit: aside from medical reasons, recovering from heavy training and/or partying seems to be a common reason.

Last edited:
You got really bad food poisoning and shat and puked up a few pounds.

You got really bad food poisoning and shat and puked up a few pounds.

Yeah i guess that is a possible reason... but it is strange BJ is not mentioning it. Would be my first argument i think :)

Lots of legitimate medical reasons, but I think those are allowed by USADA. Lots that aren't legitimate. If Penn was using a masking agent, for example, why would he admit to the IV to begin with?
It would help if Penn would explain what he was doing.

And besides medical purposes obviously. I absolutely have no idea except:

- Using saline water to influence a blood test (to mask PED's basically)
- Blood transfusion to enhance performance (but why kinda out of season?)

Both are pretty bad and an understandable reason for suspension.

So is there any other reason at all? Could there be an excuse? Hope someone here knows.
i would love to be in Rotterdamm right now :( great weed there.....

Feeling shitty after a very hard workout

i would love to be in Rotterdamm right now :( great weed there.....

In my experience, most places in the world have pretty good weed if you know the right people ;) Only difference here you can buy it (sort of) legally in a shop.

Detoxing a massive hangover. Drugs and alco.

I shit you not. I had to order a detox for a 23 friend of mine this Sunday.

Glucose, potassium, magnesium, sedatives. You feel human the next day.

In my experience, most places in the world have pretty good weed if you know the right people ;) Only difference here you can buy it (sort of) legally in a shop.
why "sort of"? you can buy it legally, cant you?

coffee shops have all these different flavours and stuff, while where i am living youz have to buy what the dealer has to offer.. often times the weed sucks and isnt even clean......

Detoxing a massive hangover. Drugs and alco.

I shit you not. I had to order a detox for a 23 friend of mine this Sunday.

Glucose, potassium, magnesium, sedatives. You feel human the next day.

Lol, sounds like something Joe Rogan would do. Then again.. most things sound like something Joe Rogan would do. And then fanatically preach about it on his podcast.

The only thing that will matter in Penn's case is how and why it was administered. If he has a licensed doctor who administered it in the course of emergency medical care, he's fine.

If he was getting planned IV treatment he's a complete moron for not knowing the rules and deserves the punishment.

Getting denied this bad also warrants getting an IV.

200w.gif

why "sort of"? you can buy it legally, cant you?

coffee shops have all these different flavours and stuff, while where i am living youz have to buy what the dealer has to offer.. often times the weed sucks and isnt even clean......

No technically the possesion of weed is forbidden in the Netherlands. Production is completely forbidden and will be punished if caught. So called "user-amounts" are allowed (not by law officially though, but you'll be fine), but possesion over (i believe) 5 gram will get you a fine, over (i believe) 30 gram is a criminal offence. Coffeeshops have an exception, but even they have to "smuggle" weed in their shops multiple times a day. Dutch weed laws are very weird.

That said, as long as you don't bother anyone smoking weed is never a problem here, that much is true.

Why do these guys continue to just ruin what legacy they have. Just let it go man. Retire. He needs to just stop all this crap. Stay retired and teach BJJ.

Feeling shitty after a very hard workout
I think that too many people are discounting this as a possibility. BJ isn't and has never been the pinnacle of what's "shredded and super-fit". He's with a camp now where he has to work hard and has to bust his ass...not that "BJ at his own tempo" type of a camp. He may have been super dehydrated...it can happen...Everyone is jumping on the PED train, and I just don't buy it...especially for a guy like BJ. I think he is really focused and dedicated right now...pushing himself like never before. The only one that knows if it it is anything foul is BJ..we'll see

Lol, sounds like something Joe Rogan would do. Then again.. most things sound like something Joe Rogan would do. And then fanatically preach about it on his podcast.
It works. Our medics in the barracks would start a line for us, after we would go on a weekend bender. Felt like a new man, and ready to drink again!!

Back