Do you think USADA is killing the sport?

Is USADA killing the sport?

• Total voters

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Some people are happy that the sport is being cleaned up no matter the cost. Others think getting a 2 year suspension for IVs and stuff like DHEA is the dumbest shit imaginable. Not to mention the fact that a 2 year suspension is very crippling for a fighter. If you're older and you get popped - you're pretty much fucked.

What do you think?

yeah usada is fucking shit up.

usada is like that shit neighbor coming over to your home telling you what you can and can not eat, drink or inject into your body, and asking you to piss into cups heaps of times in a short amount of days. you know?

no? no one else had a neighbor like this? damn...

Last edited:
No

Stupid rematches and tmz bullshit like Conor are

No. It's just some growing pains from new rules. It just sucks that it seems to be happening most to fan favorite vets.

It's better to have a more even playing field and a clean sport, but I don't think people anticipated the effect Peds have on a fighters ability to recover from injury. This is why we're getting lots of fighters dropping out now imo

No. Good to stop hearing every fighter say all fighters take stuff except me and my camp. With a few positives that talk disappeared. If your favorite fighter is suspended...know he is and was a fraud and your life is a lie.

It's crippling the sport in the sense that fighters are getting caught cheating, and it would be all happy days if they didn't, and was allowed to continue cheating.

Until fighters learn not to cheat, it's crippling the sport. Until fans learn to appreciate fighters not cheating, it's crippling the sport.

The suspensions are supposed to be crippling to the fighter, that's the point.

People will get on board, change they way they train (maybe by being cleaner, maybe some people will find a way to tip toe sround the testing) and all will be well

I think the fox deal and need for constant cards has been more crippling than usada scrapping a handful of fights. If we had 25% less cards there would probably be better fight replacement options when a dirty (or ignorant) fighter gets caught

Harsh penalties are necessary to make people stop.
If you think PEDs should be allowed, fine.
But if you think they shouldn't, then 9 month suspensions aren't going to make anyone stop.
You have to be all in or all out.

This is a transition phase.
If people figure out how to keep beating the tests, they'll do it and things will go back to the way they were.
If enough people get caught and a serious penalty, most people will quit doing it, and then there won't be many getting caught anymore.

And incidentally, injuries and shitty matchmaking are doing FAR more to cards than failed tests are.

Voted yes. Not because I disagree with a clean sport, but because I believe it's overkill. These bans are awfully heavy handed when you consider some of the offenses. Like getting jailed for jaywalking.

I was all for penalties and better testing but at the very least it's time to re examine what is a banned substance and to think about pulling back the reins a little bit.

of course not, fuck the cheaters. WAR USADA

Yes. they are making everything into a drama. the IV ban is ridiculous. Most of the banned substances are a joke, they can't do nothing and most of them don't even work. they ain't gonna make you hit anyone harder. if its steroids then thats a different story. Everything has been made into a drama, removing fights for DHEA hahaha thats pathetic, can buy that at walmart. its not gonna make Machida fight any differently at all.

i rather think usada is killing what is killing the sport

Why are people taking ivs months out from fights when they claim they dont use them to rehydrate other then using them to flush drugs out there system?

its not a yes or no answer...

Well, USADA do kill a lot of great potential fights, that's for sure.

It's still fairly "new" though so at the moment no one should be shocked if a fighter is getting popped.
In a year or so everything will be back to normal I think.

Mixed feelings.

I like watching above human animals go ape shit with 1 touch brutal KOs and slams that shake the mat.

But I also like hearing name after name getting popped. Because I know some of those guys aren't transforming in mid 30s with just a diet change.

Didn't America kill that dude in a cave or something?

Nah i like it more when its cleaner. I really think it is for the best in the long run.

Why are people taking ivs months out from fights when they claim they dont use them to rehydrate other then using them to flush drugs out there system?
We don't know all the answers yet but if an IV is administered under the care of a physician what's the big deal? There are millions of legit reasons to receive an IV. I'm not even sticking up for Penn by saying that I'm just saying if that is in fact true it is quite ridiculous.

Ban USADA.

200w.gif

Back