I feel bad for TJ that he's not getting a rematch

conorbless1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just rewatched his fight against Dominick Cruz (the UFC uploaded it on youtube) and, damn, that was a close fight. I scored it for TJ (imo Cruz clearly won the 3rd, TJ clearly won the 4th and 5th and the first 2 rounds were up for grabs, but TJ was way more aggressive).

I really like Dominick and who knows how many fights he's got in him with all the injuries. It's really a waste to make him fight Faber imo.

The UFC has no consistency, reminds of the NBA reffing.

Faber fight is way overdue and Faber is positioned close enough to the top to make it.

Its an easy sell and gives TJ a chance to smash someone before coming back to face Dom. And that fight will be easier to sell at that point than now.

TJ didn't deserve an immediate rematch on his shitty attitude alone. He's a snake and all he does is complain about everything. He's approaching top 10, maybe even top 5 d bag status in the UFC

Oh and 3-2 Cruz

1st rule of fight club
Dana white is always right
2nd rule of fight club
See rule number one

Meh whatever.

1. He didn't deserve his original title shot

2. He only defended twice against a 125er Joe Soto (who went on to get cut from the UFC) and depleted Barao

3. A guy practically coming off a 5 year layoff came and schooled him

WanThoroughKatydid.gif

Nothing wrong with having to earn the rematch. Maybe he'll benefit from having some time to get better before going for the title again.

Im sure he'll get an instant interim title shot as soon as Cruz blows out his corpse knee again.

Meh whatever.

2. He only defended twice against a 125er Joe Soto (who went on to get cut from the UFC) and depleted Barao

WanThoroughKatydid.gif
Everything we need to know from that fight is in this gif ?

Meh whatever.

WanThoroughKatydid.gif

If you win the title fight, you deserved the title shot, IMHO.

But I agree that he wasn't entitled to an immediate rematch.

You would feel more bad if he did get the rematch and loss again, Tj would probably be in JDS/Edgar territory.

Think immediate rematches should be banned. One tuneup fight at least, depending on how bad they're beat

Faber, Cruz, Dillashaw. They should just rename BW to Doucheweight...

What about MMA reffing?

MMA reffing is the better out of a lot of sports.

There is very bias reffing in the NBA and Hockey, especially against Canadian teams.

TJ didn't deserve an immediate rematch on his shitty attitude alone. He's a snake and all he does is complain about everything. He's approaching top 10, maybe even top 5 d bag status in the UFC

Oh and 3-2 Cruz
The fuck? Lol

Back