If Conor fights Nate then does the Mayweather fight, should he be stripped of his title?

FATM

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Simple question. I say yes. It will be three fights in a row that he has chosen to fight outside his division in meaningless circumstances. Admittedly, the first fight with Nate wasn't his fault.

Why? Completely unrelated to the UFC's 145 division.

Last edited:
Simple question. I say yes. It will be three fights in a row that he has chosen to fight outside his division in meaningless circumstances. Admittedly, the first fight with Nate wasn't his fault.
Basically if a year passes by and there is no defense then strip him.

But fighting other fights if time allotment allows doesnt really matter.

Doesn't really matter, the 145 lb division really isn't much without him. If Aldo wins the interim belt which i'm sure he's favored to do, it won't mean all that much. If Frankie wins it, there's still another 6, 9, 12 months to book a fight before stripping him for inactivity. UFC Brass is looking to make money, not squash their star.

Why? Completely unrelated to the UFC's 145 dicision.
Isn't that the point, he has no interest in fighting at 145 which means that the rest of the fighters are on hold till he comes back.

The UFC will be guilty of enabling him in ducking title defenses. He only does what they allow him to do. They are complicit. They won't strip him.

If he wins vs mayweather you can bet UFC will hand conor all their belts.

If he gets 100 mil, then he shouldn't have to step a foot into the octagon.

He should have already been stripped imo

Basically if a year passes by and there is no defense then strip him.

But fighting other fights if time allotment allows doesnt really matter.

Injured: 1 defense in a year or be stripped. IOW, if you can't defend once in a year, even due to injury, unfortunately you're unable to fulfill your obligations and cannot keep the belt.

Not injured: defend twice a year or be stripped.

Being a champion doesn't mean dicking around shining the belt, right?

Injured: 1 defense in a year or be stripped. IOW, if you can't defend once in a year, even due to injury, unfortunately you're unable to fulfill your obligations and cannot keep the belt.

Not injured: defend twice a year or be stripped.

Being a champion doesn't mean dicking around shining the belt, right?
Thats true. I just would really like to see him get beat for it. It would be more satisfying for me. Lol

Yes he should be stripped of the belt. he seems to have no intentions of defending it. it should be given to the winner of Edgar vs Aldo

He should be stripped of his title if he takes another fight outside of 145.

I would say that the issue which will cause him to be stripped is time not extracurricular activities. If he goes a year with no defense then it's time for him to surrender the title.

Doesn't really matter, the 145 lb division really isn't much without him. If Aldo wins the interim belt which i'm sure he's favored to do, it won't mean all that much. If Frankie wins it, there's still another 6, 9, 12 months to book a fight before stripping him for inactivity. UFC Brass is looking to make money, not squash their star.

tumblr_mkn417xdnl1qg39ewo1_500.gif

absolutely strip him should that occur. c'mon now.

If McGregor goes and fights Mayweather, he'll never fight in MMA again anyway. One, he'll be rich enough not to, and two, he'll have just been embarrassed and lost the last of his starpower.

Back