Is BJ The First Victim of the IV Ban?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he is, lol at the irony. The guy that was the image of anti-weight-cutting is the first to get f'd by it.

BTW -- he didn't use it for weight cutting and it was months ago. I thought the ban was only for pre-fight weigh-ins. That's what it should be if the USADA is at all reasonable.

Machida, BJ Penn -- biggest cheaters in history and latest victims of USADA :rolleyes:

Yea this is kinda fucked.

Apparently usada would rather people die due to dehydration during non training times than allow a legit medical procedure.

Its fucked

Edit: this is a assumption i am making. But it seems like a logical assumption to me.

I'm going to wait for the details of what happened, but it seems pretty fucked up that you can't have an IV even when administered by a doctor.

Brock Lesnar never got popped. Asians just don't know how to cheat.

What is IV?????????????????????????

A bag of saline you get administered intravenously (hence the acronym IV).

He shouldn't have admitted to using an IV. You know you're supposed to lie your ass off in front of suits. same goes in the military. The truth will not set you free.

Why get an IV full of salt water when he can just carry rocks at the bottom of the ocean to rehydrate?

USADA is trying too hard to fuck with people's lives.

Machida, BJ Penn -- biggest cheaters in history and latest victims of USADA :rolleyes:

You sure you wanna put those 2 in front of people like Ken, Josh, Reem, Sherk, Monson, Lombard, Baroni, Lesnar, Sapp (Oh wait, he was clean. My mistake)?
I could go on for pages!

Last edited:
It's not about weight cutting. It's about using IV infusions to mask banned substances.

If you are legit admitted to a hospital, are undergoing a surgical procedure, or you have a TUE, USADA allows for certain infusions/injections. BJ obviously didn't have a good reason to be getting one... I love BJ but this is very suspect.

I guess I didn't understand the ban, either. I thought it was only for rehydration after weigh-ins in order to discourage extreme weight cuts

This IV ban is getting so stupid now. they need to relax with this.

It's a refrence to Rocky 4 when Rocky had sex with the Russian and got steroids in his system because of it. Interesting movie. Check it out.

BJ Penn after "IV"

ivan-drago-o.gif

Back