BJ Penn pulled from UFC 199 fight

lyndon955

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
via BJPenn.com

Former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion BJ Penn was scheduled to come out of retirement at UFC 199 on June 4 in a featherweight bout against Cole Miller.

Penn who last fought Frankie Edgar in 2014 is looking to make some noise in the featherweight division but will have to be put on the sideline as he has been pulled from the UFC 199 bout with Cole Miller after telling the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he had used an IV previously in March.

BJ Penn made the following statement to BJPENN.COM regarding his admitted use of an IV to USADA:

“I voluntarily disclosed to USADA that during a non-fight period that I had an IV administered under the care of a doctor.

“The rule for IV usage had changed since my last fight in the UFC and was unaware of the change and voluntarily disclosed the information to USADA. I had no idea that IV use was banned 365 days a year.

“At no time in my career in martial arts have I ever doped and anticipate all test results from USADA will come back clean and will be working with the UFC to get the matter cleared up and return to fight as soon as possible.”

As a BJ fan I know I shouldn't be but I am/was really looking forward to his return, seems its just not meant to be, thanks Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had no idea, huh...

Frank23 said:

UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn supports the UFC's IV rehydration ban. It's nice to hear his opinion on the topic. What are your thoughts?

bj-penn_2420446b.jpg

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...-iv-ban-in-the-ufc-ivs-are-for-wimps.3024683/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah whoever the mod is who added that to my post go fuck yourself don't put words in my virtual mouth homie :)

Last edited:
GIF-Amused-bemused-bill-murray-chuckle-funny-laugh-laughing-LOL-GIF.gif

I mean shit, Beej... I don't know what to say.

Oh well. This is probably a good thing.

Why does BJ need IV when he's not fighting?

#Fishy

BJ fan, but don't need to see him fight ever again TBH. That last Frankie fight was too much.

I V gettin so mad at all these fizzled bouts

Eh, the plug has been pulled on this return like 3 times already, at this point it's w/e.

That's what happens when you starve yourself to make a weight class.

thats shitty...was looking forward to see if a serious camp at a serious gym could have netted him some results

also would have liked to hear what he had an IV adminstered for

They're trying to find a replacement to fight Miller. I doubt they'll find one, sadly. Maybe they can get someone like Alex White or Charles Rosa

So you can't use an IV 3 months before your fight? That's retareded.

Was he getting beer IVs and hot dog suppositories or something?

Who did he attack this time?

And I'm surprised bjpenn.com didn't do this again

Former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion AND OUR VERY OWN BJ Penn was scheduled to come out of retirement at UFC 199 on June 4 in a featherweight bout against Cole Miller.

Well that's two of the three down.

Why doesn't Cruz just pull out and ruin the whole fucking card? Son of a bitch.

Back