How did you get into MMA?

DS7

Bangkok Ready
@red
Reaction score
Me for an example, i was watching a movie with a lot of fight scenes and one of the fights was like a guy dodging punches like he was in the matrix and the other dude looked like a noob, i asked why those movies always look so fake and then my friend said this was possible, he showed me Anderson Silva vs Griffin.
I became obsessed with MMA, watched all Anderson`s fights over and over again and he is my favorite fighter of all time, started to get into UFC and in just like 2 weeks watched all UFC title fights from HW to BW(WEC included), watched the majority of PRIDE, Strikeforce and Vale Tudo events.
I also started to train Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu, MMA became a passion for me and i am absolutely obsessed with Martial arts, i spend hours watching and study guys like Anderson, Jon Jones or Dominick Cruz.
I want to be not only the first portuguese to fight in the UFC i also want to be the first World Champion, training hard for that.

And you?

Wristroll.gif

My dad is a boxing guy, I was a pro rassling kid. I wanted someone to run over and slam these guys to the ground and punch them in the face. Learned about Jiu Jitsu, then Hughes, then Rampage, and the world/combat suddenly made sense to me.

Also, good luck on your journey. Don't stop believin.

Came into the room to find GSP vs Penn 2 happening live.

The rest is history... :p

Renting old Toughman and eventually UFC tapes/ppvs with friends during sleepovers when we were in junior high

Me for an example, i was watching a movie with a lot of fight scenes and one of the fights was like a guy dodging punches like he was in the matrix and the other dude looked like a noob, i asked why those movies always look so fake and then my friend said this was possible, he showed me Anderson Silva vs Griffin.
I became obsessed with MMA, watched all Anderson`s fights over and over again and he is my favorite fighter of all time, started to get into UFC and in just like 2 weeks watched all UFC title fights from HW to BW(WEC included), watched the majority of PRIDE, Strikeforce and Vale Tudo events.
I also started to train Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu, MMA became a passion for me and i am absolutely obsessed with Martial arts, i spend hours watching and study guys like Anderson, Jon Jones or Dominick Cruz.
I want to be not only the first portuguese to fight in the UFC i also want to be the first World Champion, training hard for that.

And you?

I'm always happy to hear of new fans.

started watching vale tudo in the 80s then I went to UFC 1. I opened a sherdog account when the site started but that account got banned. I watched every mma show from every organization since then. I have my black belt in 5 different disciplines and was also a college wrestler.

David Carradine, Chuck Norris, Jackie Chan and JCVD started the interest in Martial arts. Then later WCW and WWF started the interest in grappling. After that, I would have a high school wrestling coach who was a MMA fighter/BJJ practitioner. He introduced me to some MMA/BJJ folks...Years later, here I am. Huge MMA fan who's lost interest in pretty much all other sports.

Honestly I ordered ufc#1 live on ppv. 19.99

That's how it happened for me.
Got a dog named Gracie even.

started watching vale tudo in the 80s then I went to UFC 1. I opened a sherdog account when the site started but that account got banned. I watched every mma show from every organization since then. I have my black belt in 5 different disciplines and was also a college wrestler.

Same here except I can bench 275lbs too...

I was overseas in the military and we got free american programming on the Armed Forces Network. I got all the PPVs for free and they even aired The Ultimate Fighter I think from season 2 on. There was only 6 channels or so, so you really watch anything. I stuck with it when I came back to the states.

I went to this house party when I was about 16 years old. They had ordered UFC 92 and everybody was watching that. It was literally my first exposure to MMA and I will never forget it. I remember thinking that Wanderlei was dead after Rampage knocked him out and I remember thinking Mir and Nogueira were fat. It's just funny to look back on stuff like that. MMA is such a passion and of such importance in my life that I kind of rank my life in two sections: pre-MMA and post-MMA.

I remember as soon as I went home I started looking up fights. I watched Rampage vs. Forrest and Forrest was my favorite fighter for a long time.

(I already posted the following in a similar thread not too long ago)

Jackie Chan and Van Damme got me into Martial Arts back when I was a kid in Africa. I use to imitate what I saw in their movies. I was also a huge Pro Wrestling fan, my favorite wrestlers were Jeff Hardy and RVD(I thought he was JCVD's brother)

When I was 14, I got really into martial arts movies again. At that time I tried watching some MMA fights and I thought the grappling was so gay.

Then in the summer of 2009, I was 15 at this point, the UFC Undisputed game came out. I bought it and I liked it but I didn't understand the grappling aspect. I would always get submitted. So I watched a few matches here and there on Spike and I heard Joe Rogan explain some BJJ during commentary and the grappling began to make sense.

So I went back to playing the game with my new found knowledge on grappling and I was submitting every opponent. I was killing it and I loved it. So my interest started to grow in MMA more and more.

Later than summer UFC 100 hit and Brock Lesnar being the main event, I had to watch it. My brother and I saw Sexyama vs Belcher on Spike, that's when we became fans. Then in August, UFC 101 hit. Seeing how Silva dismantled Griffin, he became my favorite fighter and then I became a hardcore fan of MMA

Fedor / Cro Cop got me into MMA. I saw that first in late 2005.

Back