Big picture with Mayweather/McGregor

Shert

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Long but good read. Yeah I'm biased...

I don't know but to me it's obvious what is going on.

Floyd is a businessman first and foremost and Conor is as well.

Floyd doesn't need Conor but with Conor he can make a lot more money...fast. We all know that what he loves. Conor on the other hand, sees Floyd as a mentor in the game of making money in fighting.

So this is how it's gonna go down.

Floyd wants to fight Conor for a big payday. Offers to have HIS legal team assume all fees associated with the fight, and penalties that may arise from the lawsuit. No chance in hell Conor would risk going one on one in court with the ufc, without the backing of Floyd.

Fight happens, they both get PAID, deal with issues that arise in court, pay penalties whatever they are although they can mostly be avoided, IF judgement against is them.

In the grand scheme of things, any possible penalties will be relatively minor compared to showing every MMA out there that the ufc can be fought in court and that u can come out of it successful.

Together, Floyd and Conor then build a company based on representing fighters/Union (if that's what you want to call it). The coverage they will get from such a lawsuit will be global but will also serve as marketing for the new company they have built. Who better to have Floyd (biggest money maker in sports history) and Conor (biggest money maker in mma) AND Conor which is someone who can represent fighters because he's "been there, done that" with the ufc.

They will get RICHer, and the ufc will lose power and money of course, then they will sell and get out quick because they won't be able to return to their old ways after this REVOLUTION....

Floyd doesn't need Conor but with Conor he can make a lot more money...fast. We all know that what he loves. Conor on the other hand, sees Floyd as a mentor in the game of making money in fighting.

Floyd wants to fight Conor for a big payday. Offers to have HIS legal team assume all fees associated with the fight, and penalties that may arise from the lawsuit. No chance in hell Conor would risk going one on one in court with the ufc, without the backing of Floyd.

Fight happens, they both get PAID, deal with issues that arise in court, pay penalties whatever they are although they can mostly be avoided, IF judgement against is them.

In the grand scheme of things, any possible penalties will be relatively minor compared to showing every MMA out there that the ufc can be fought in court and that u can come out of it successful.

Together, Floyd and Conor then build a company based on representing fighters/Union (if that's what you want to call it). The coverage they will get from such a lawsuit will be global but will also serve as marketing for the new company they have built. Who better to have Floyd (biggest money maker in sports history) and Conor (biggest money maker in mma) AND Conor which is someone who can represent fighters because he's "been there, done that" with the ufc.

They will get RICHer, and the ufc will lose power and money of course, then they will sell and get out quick because they won't be able to return to their old ways after this REVOLUTION....

I agree TS. Floyd wants to fight Mayweather because it's a huge payday. Conor's boxing is leagues better than McGregor's and that makes for the easiest payday in The Notorious' career. As long as Floyd play his cards right against Mayweather he should be guaranteed 50-0, the whole thing hinges on UFC vs. Zuffa negotiations, who's going to take what percentage etc, and where the fight is going to take place: the boxing ring or the square circle.

I agree TS. Floyd wants to fight Mayweather because it's a huge payday. Conor's boxing is leagues better than McGregor's and that makes for the easiest payday in The Notorious' career. As long as Floyd play his cards right against Mayweather he should be guaranteed 50-0, the whole thing hinges on UFC vs. Zuffa negotiations, who's going to take what percentage etc, and where the fight is going to take place: the boxing ring or the square circle.
I think it really depends on if Mayweather can weather the storm of Floyd.

ALRIGHT...lol

Thread title changed haha

Floyd doesn't need Conor

Conor McGregor is probably the only person alive who's actually delusional enough to believe that Floyd Mayweather needs him.

Ppv will not be that great. Why would boxing fans want to watch a one sided fight. Why would mma fans buy a boxing match with Conor who can't outbox Nate Diaz. Definitely won't do Pacchio numbers.

It's obvious to me also...
* Nate was NOT supposed to win. It fk'd things badly...
* McGregor literally cannot (will not) defend his belt until this deal with Mayweather or the rematch with Nate either happens or falls through. One more loss and he has absolutely NO negotiating leverage in any regard.
* The fact that he's not eager to defend his belt show's that he lacks confidence in himself. All the McGriders can deny this, but deep down you know its true.

Boxing fans take this fight as seriously as MMA fans took Randy Couture vs James Toney.

It's a farce and, unlike Couture vs Toney, this isn't actually going to happen.

Floyd don't need shit. Except maybe financial advice to save his ass turning into a bankrupt fool by the time he is 50

Stopped reading @this point ^^^^^^^^ actually could've stopped before this but was curious. You think Mayweather promotes this without the UFC's blessings and they just deal with that annoying legal details after? There's a legal document called an injunction.

Injunction: a judicial order that restrains a person from beginning or continuing an action threatening or invading the legal right of another, or that compels a person to carry out a certain act, e.g., to make restitution to an injured party.

This fight don't happen without the Don's blessing or they let it happen and swoop in to take all your profits + legal costs for damages, by the way Conor you still under contract back to work...

Ugh. Why can't people get this through their heads.

If Zuffa has a properly written contract with Conor, there's no way he's getting paid ANYTHING for a fight with Floyd. Floyd doesn't get to just pay a fine and then turn around and pay Conor. Paying Conor is impossible.

The only ways around it would be:

a. Pay him in a back ally with a suitcase full of unmarked bills, and risk a massive lawsuit many times bigger than the payday.
b. Pay him nothing to fight and then give him $50,000,000 to mow the lawn, which isn't going to hold up in court.

On top of all that, Floyd risks losing his own earnings from the show in a lawsuit, along with his promoter's licence.

If this fight is going to happen, it's going to be because a deal is struck with Zuffa. And the chances of that are very slim.

My trainer is fighting on a (boxing) card in two weeks. headlined by a TMT fighter. Hoping Mayweather is there so i'll blast him with questions about fighting Mctappy.

Please stop with these Conor vs Mayweather threads, the truth is obvious, of course its about money, and of course it probably won't happen..

I dont' understand why you made this thread? Conor wants money!?

Came in expecting a big ass picture. Now I have to go look for big asses else where.

Ok so what happens when its not just a "fine" conor has to pay, and as his signed promoter ufc takes 90% of profits from his fight with mayweather?

Ugh. Why can't people get this through their heads.

If Zuffa has a properly written contract with Conor, there's no way he's getting paid ANYTHING for a fight with Floyd. Floyd doesn't get to just pay a fine and then turn around and pay Conor. Paying Conor is impossible.

The only ways around it would be:

a. Pay him in a back ally with a suitcase full of unmarked bills, and risk a massive lawsuit many times bigger than the payday.
b. Pay him nothing to fight and then give him $50,000,000 to mow the lawn, which isn't going to hold up in court.

On top of all that, Floyd risks losing his own earnings from the show in a lawsuit, along with his promoter's licence.

If this fight is going to happen, it's going to be because a deal is struck with Zuffa. And the chances of that are very slim.

this...gif

Back