WTF?....Cobra Kai is a real team/school ?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Apparently Jared Rosholt is a student of Cobra Kai Jiu-Jitsu.
When I hear Cobra Kai, I think, bully, cheater...... Not Jiu Jitsu!

I looked it up and apparently it is a real school in Las Vegas.
Anyone know if it existed before Karate Kid OR, they stole the name fom the movie?
The website doesn't say much about the history of the school BUT, with the Cobra Kai name, I would expect to learn the art of dirty fighting from the masters..... A place where all can go to, perfect your eye pokes and, take your fish hooking skills to the elite level.

Yeah...my friend trains there lol. I believe Marc Laimon started it and sold the Vegas branch to one of his students (Simpson Go perhaps?). Pretty sure the movie came first.

They're really good at teaching sweeps there

Apparently Jared Rosholt is a student of Cobra Kai Jiu-Jitsu.
When I hear Cobra Kai, I think, bully, cheater...... Not Jiu Jitsu!

I looked it up and apparently it is a real school in Las Vegas.
Anyone know if it existed before Karate Kid OR, they stole the name fom the movie?
The website doesn't say much about the history of the school BUT, with the Cobra Kai name, I would expect to learn the art of dirty fighting from the masters..... A place where all can go to, perfect your eye pokes and, take your fish hooking skills to the elite level.
LOL, yeah Joe Stevenson trains/teaches there I believe.

14nn1z.jpg

Yeah...my friend trains there lol. I believe Marc Laimon started it and sold the Vegas branch to one of his students (Simpson Go perhaps?). Pretty sure the movie came first.

Thanks!

Yeah it's were Hendricks started a few years back. They were pretty awesome back in the day. Not sure what there current stable of fighters are looking like.

While on the topic of The Kid....I never knew they shot a fake movie trailer called:
Wax On, Fu*k Off! In 2010
Pretty Funny and I am sure someone posted it years ago but here it is again:

Yeah, Marc Laimon's school, it's been there for a while. Mostly Jiu Jitsu.

He just won the fight and he looks like a bufoon in victory!...Trying to be like Sage!...Probably knocked the wind out of himself.
looks more like he bruised or broke a rib ...everytime I see that gif I wonder how that would have turned out if he impaled himself on the trophy

Back