Would Floyd take it easy on McGregor?

Captain Herb

10000 Likes
@Silver
Reaction score
Or would he just put him down immediately?

Assuming boxing rules, should he feel obligated to put on an exhibition for the fans or should he show the world that McGregor's a chump from the get go?

Probably just touch him with the jab for 12 rounds to make a statement.

If he took it easy on Connie it would be worse, more brain damage or possible death for Connie

Some fighters carry other fighters and wont KO them in order to injure them more

The best result Connie can hope for is getting KO'd, not going 10 rds

I think he will take it easy and make the fight somewhat competitive and let Conor have his moments but still win. I think that considering Floyd wants to get into MMA promoting he would want to make Conor look better. Floyd is always promoting and marketing, obviously it sounds better and makes mma look better if he says "Conor with no pro bouts gave me a tougher fight then the legend Manny Pacquiao" Floyd was already talking how tough of a opponent Conor will be in a recent video.

I am just speculating here and thinking what I would do in his shoes.

Floyd takes it easy on every fighter he faces. He barely ever hurts them, and never finishes his opponents anyways.

I don't think he'd try and knock him out straight away, he'll want to show how much better he is first. I think it's genuinely possible that Conor won't lay a glove on him.

I think he will take it easy and make the fight somewhat competitive and let Conor have his moments but still win. I think that considering Floyd wants to get into MMA promoting he would want to make Conor look better. Floyd is always promoting and marketing, obviously it sounds better and makes mma look better if he says "Conor with no pro bouts gave me a tougher fight then the legend Manny Pacquiao" Floyd was already talking how tough of a opponent Conor will be in a recent video.

I am just speculating here and thinking what I would do in his shoes.
Seems about right.

First of all, Conner is stupid for fighting Diaz AT 170 and more stupid for "boxing". Floyd wins in a boxing ring and Conner kills him in MMA ring. I guess I would let one of the best "boxers" in history beat me up for 50 million so I guess I understand the handicap.

I think Mayweather would put him away quick.
Conners only chance would be to swing for the fences and hope to catch him early on, therefor I see Conner coming out guns blazing.
If he comes out guns blazing though, Floyd being such a skilled counter fighter, Conners gonna run into something on his way in and go down. IMO
Who knows though, I'd watch this fight.

Maybe he would knock him out in less than turteen seconds? So he could get on the next EA commercial. :)

First of all, Conner is stupid for fighting Diaz AT 170 and more stupid for "boxing". Floyd wins in a boxing ring and Conner kills him in MMA ring. I guess I would let one of the best "boxers" in history beat me up for 50 million so I guess I understand the handicap.
I would call him a Genius for fighting Mayweather, even when he loses he will make 50+ million (wonder what kind of sponsorship money he can make)..... he would still be a big draw afterwards, and make 5-10million for MMA fights.. the dude is going to reach 100 million.. will definitely be the richest MMA figher ever

I think Conor would get murked by Jens Pulver and Marcus Davis in boxing.

The best defensive boxer in history so embarrass Conor by Conor not landing anything and Mayweather landing everything.

Or would he just put him down immediately?

Assuming boxing rules, should he feel obligated to put on an exhibition for the fans or should he show the world that McGregor's a chump from the get go?
Mayweather is not a heavy puncher so it would probably take a few rounds to be able to finish at it's fastest.

I think he would just outclass Conor for the whole fight without hurting him or putting him down.

LOL at Mayweather putting anyone down immediately (or at all) at this point.

Back