Cody Garbrandt: Not impressed with Thomas Almeida's "padded" record

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"If I'm 21-0, or how many ever cab drivers he beat to get to that record, I would be very confident that I can knock out an 8-0 guy in the very first round. Or anyone I fight. So for him to say that he will knock me out in the second round, I feel like he has a little bit of doubt in himself. So I am going to make sure I show that doubt in the first round. Of course he has a padded record. But, then again, he goes out there and he performs against those people, so you don't get to that record for not being tough. He is tough, skilled, but he has all of these fights and he is just now hitting his stride. I look at it as me, I am 8-0 and I am hitting my stride, getting better and better each fight, more confident, and I can only imagine myself being at 21-0, or whatever his record really is, having all that competition and experience. It just goes to show the level of competition that you are fighting."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/5/23/1...almeida-padded-record-beating-cab-drivers-mma

.............................................................................................

I like Garbrandt but I hope Almeida gives us another spectacular knock out and continues to pad his record.

Yawn. He has more impressive wins than this guy. Hoping Almeida scores another highlight reel KO.

Well his record is hella padded but that doesn't take away from the fact that 21 other men fell short to beat thomas. That's a lot of taxi drivers

Last edited:
I got Garbrandt winning this with superior boxing. Almeida got rocked by old man Pickett.

Am I the only one or has Garbrandt been getting really annoying as of late. Almost like he has McGregor syndrome.

I'm going with the upset here.

Almeida has a great offensive attacks, but he gets tagged alot. Very bad striking defense.

Just a matter of time until someone lights him up and Garbrandt can throw them.

I got Garbrandt winning this with superior boxing. Almeida got rocked by old man Pickett.

What good did that do him? lol
Almeida showed that he can keep composed when in danger. Cody is going down in this fight.

I'm expecting a real entertaining slugfest between these two.
dont really give a fuck who wins i just want a good fight.

Should be a good fight they both swing for the fences.

Am I the only one or has Garbrandt been getting really annoying as of late. Almost like he has McGregor syndrome.

Garbrandt has always been an annoying douche-tool. He's just being more vocal now so people are seeing it.

He's a good prospect but he talks about himself like he's a proven champ or something. I guess confidence is a good thing if it doesn't get to become delusion.

This is a hot fight. One of them is getting KTFO. I'm actually leaning towards Cody. That kid is tough as nails.

you kids needs to put your feelings away.

Cody is 100% correct here.

Back