As a HUGE Machida fan.... i actually think Machida was still basically at his best when he though We

Killme

The NoGi Bear
@Green
Reaction score
As a HUGE Machida fan.... i actually think Machida was still basically at his best when he though Weidman, looking better than ever at MW. I think it was after that he maybe starts to slide.

When he fought Silva and Rashad.
That was the best Machida we've ever seen.

you have to be kidding. MAchida looked his best at lhw when he ko'd rashad, took it to shogun the first time, ko'd Thaigo Silva and front kicked randys face off.

This was supposed to be a reply in the weidman is chubby faced thread... i have no idea what happend

you have to be kidding. MAchida looked his best at lhw when he ko'd rashad, took it to shogun the first time, ko'd Thaigo Silva and front kicked randys face off.

He just added to his game after this, he was found out after those first two fights as a fighter who couldn't fight going back so well, at mw he started to learn how to fight going forward, using a lot of kicks that he could swtich to head or body, to keep people honest.

So i think he was a more complete fighter at MW, after the "Machida puzzle" has been solved.

As a huuuuge Machida fan and the reason why I got into MMA in the first place, his best performance was Rashad and Mousasi. I was eager to see him fight Hendo with his training at speed of sport conditioning which may have finally put it all together athletically.

As a huuuuge Machida fan and the reason why I got into MMA in the first place, his best performance was Rashad and Mousasi. I was eager to see him fight Hendo with his training at speed of sport conditioning which may have finally put it all together athletically.
That Thiago Silva fight was basically a Flawless Victory against another undefeated fighter at the time, what made you go with the Mousasi performance?

That Thiago Silva fight was basically a Flawless Victory against another undefeated fighter at the time, what made you go with the Mousasi performance?

Maybe because Mousasi is actually a good fighter?

Prime Machida....and this is no bullshit...Prime Machida could very well beat everybody in the game.

Prime Machida....and this is no bullshit...Prime Machida could very well beat everybody in the game.
Except for Shogun and Jones ( Machida however did give him problems in the first round , but Jones would of eventually of done what he ended up doing ... over powering Machida ) .

Machida tends to struggle aggressive strikers and powerful wrestlers.

Except for Shogun and Jones of course.
He beat Shogun once ;) ;)

And he was the first to give Jones a little scare lol.
He really should've been a MW a lot sooner. He would have held the title longer at MW.

Machida was still at his very best in the Jones and Bader fights. Hell, even when he fought Hendo he looked extremely sharp. I've said it many times, but his run at 185 never truly impressed me. He just doesn't have the same power and he doesn't have the speed advantage that he had at 205.

200w.gif

i actually think Machida was still basically at his best when he though We

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Maybe because Mousasi is actually a good fighter?
Oh right, hindsight makes everyone turn into a shit fighter. Machida's performance against Silva was perfect, that's simply my opinion. If you want to start pretending Thiago Silva wasn't a top fighter in the division back then because of how his career's gone after that fight, you're free to do so, that's simply your opinion.

The guy who fought Weidman was close to his former self. He was fucking sharp.

Oh right, hindsight makes everyone turn into a shit fighter. Machida's performance against Silva was perfect, that's simply my opinion. If you want to start pretending Thiago Silva wasn't a top fighter in the division back then because of how his career's gone after that fight, you're free to do so, that's simply your opinion.

Like i said "Time has not been kind to anyone beating him, it's the way of things sometimes."

Sometimes it works the other way, Like McGregor beating Holloway.

Thiago Silva was just never what we ALL thought he was.

Back