Will Anderson Silva ever get another title shot?

Updated with poll

• Total voters

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Legit question,

He has been on a hard spiral, the lowest of which is losing to Bisping.

Have people just figured out that if you ride out the Anderson storm of showboating and clowning you will win? He hasn't changed and yet he is no longer effective

Aura is a big thing, and he lost that. Just like Fedor fell hard when he fell, well Anderson fell harder. The fear they used to strike in people is gone, and it's amazing what a change that makes. (Ronda & Conor are next)

Even if he wins would that be enough to warrent a shot or should he have multiple wins?

It seems like he's too far away now, sad how he went to super Matrix like untouchable to loss after loss, or wins that were overturned to losses :p

Discuss.

Last edited:
I dont think so. The distance from him and the top of the food chain is widening every second.

Absolutely no way. He's 41. He made a living off of reflexes and being nice and flowy. He's slowed down considerably. At this point I just hope he goes out on a win.

Still a formidable MW even at his age which is fucking amazing, but he'll never get a title shot. Luke would clobber him.

Yes. Rockhold will put the final nail in the coffin of Anderson's career.

For his health he should never fight someone the caliber of weidman or rockhold ever again

Only via a gift. He will never earn one again.

I don't think it's an aura thing, I think it's a 40+ year old and 19 year long career thing.

His title picture days were definitely over after he popped in the Diaz fight, maybe even after the loss to Weidman.

I don't think it's an aura thing, I think it's a 40+ year old and 19 year long career thing.

His title picture days were definitely over after he popped in the Diaz fight, maybe even after the loss to Weidman.

It was Weidman. He tried to get back in there with him again,and it was a total disaster.

if he gets 3 ko's in a row or ko's 2 top 10's probably. i don't see him doing that though anymore

if he beats a couple of good fighters without popping for roids then maybe

No he's had his moment and what a moment it was, it's best for him to wind down a little now, perhaps matches against the likes of Shogun or even Soka would be interesting.

It's been a while since he was more interested in fighting than dancing. Clearly, if he showed up to fight, he would have destroyed Bisping, but he's neither interested enough or self-aware enough to work his way back to the top. Even if he did, he's not the top dog anymore. Either Rockhold or Weidman would whup him.

He should take a few interesting fights that pay well and then retire. Even so, I'm really not that interested in watching him anymore.

It's been a while since he was more interested in fighting than dancing. Clearly, if he showed up to fight, he would have destroyed Bisping, but he's neither interested enough or self-aware enough to work his way back to the top. Even if he did, he's not the top dog anymore. Either Rockhold or Weidman would whup him.

He should take a few interesting fights that pay well and then retire. Even so, I'm really not that interested in watching him anymore.

I found him hard to watch during the Thales Lethes fight let alone the Damian Maia fight which I'm willing to say was the worst fight ever.

I found him hard to watch during the Thales Lethes fight let alone the Damian Maia fight which I'm willing to say was the worst fight ever.

Oh there is much worse than those. At least Anderson did some dazzling dance shit. Imagine a fight like this where neither guy does anything. Try Amar Suolev vs Dean Lister

nobody knows..maybe no...maybe yes..

nope. but i think he could win dancing with the stars (american version) if he got on it. longtime anderson fan here of course, but let's be realistic

Oh there is much worse than those. At least Anderson did some dazzling dance shit. Imagine a fight like this where neither guy does anything. Try Amar Suolev vs Dean Lister

Werdum Arlovski? I don't remember anyone doing anything besides them going in circles forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back