Why do people hate on DJ for his size?

essie

sue me
@Silver
Reaction score
I know, this is an extremely worn topic but one that I find really confusing. As much as I disagree with the hatred Ronda and Conor get here there seems to be reasons that are directly tied to how they promote themselves which is in their control. DJ has no control over his size, all he can do is beat the guys in front of him and he does in exciting fashion. It just seems like a reaction to a reaction instead of an actual opinion. When he gets praised the inevitable response is that he beats up midgets or he'd get stomped by heavyweights. Seems like a pretty irrelevant take.

The opposite of being in awe of huge guys with no skills.

Like I said before, if he wants to show people he's legit, he's going to have to fight bigger people. People don't take 125 lbs fighting weight classes seriously. I think he should all the way to middleweight honestly. Hell, even LHW would be a good shot for him. Sounds crazy, but that's a legit plan.

Bc he is a Lil dude who acts like he is beating world class ranked fighters and thinks he is p4p. He should move up and fight or fight another champ.

Like I said before, if he wants to show people he's legit, he's going to have to fight bigger people. People don't take 125 lbs fighting weight classes seriously. I think he should all the way to middleweight honestly. Hell, even LHW would be a good shot for him. Sounds crazy, but that's a legit plan.
Does Jon Jones have to do the same to prove his is legit?Luke?RDA?Robie?

I find it pretty funny how some people can watch super technical fights in the flyweight division and call them meaningless midgets and then get super hyped when two slow grizzly bears (HW division) swing wild punches until one of them gets knocked out in the first round. Werdum, who was considered by a lot a great "technical striker" literally run headfirst against a boxer. That's just straight up hilarious.

You guys, you are a weird bunch.

Last edited:
Why don't people take 125 fighting seriously and why is that his problem?

• Most of that comes from armchair warriors who actually think they can beat up mighty mouse in a fight, because their beer guts outweigh him by tree-fiddy.
beer_gut_by_gottagetbeefy-d5b55g5.jpg

He is the smallest guy in his current weight class

He would get stomped by heavyweights. Not like in a fight, just being underfoot.

i dont get it ether. HW fights are always terrible outside the top 5. i treat HW fights like rednecks treat womens mma....smoke break/beer run

Don't acknowledge the opinions of trolls. They are 15 year old juggalos in real life. Listen to what pro-fighters have to say about DJ.

Look guys, I know MM deserves his recogniztion, but he won't get it by fighting smaller guys. Just the way the fans are. With his small stature, he's going to have to prove to people he really is as good as he is. That's why I said, if he can fight and beat bigger guys, their is no doubt anymore about the aura of his skills. Not my fault really, blame society. Besides, I think DJ could actually handle his own against bigger guys if he was to train for them. I'm a small guy myself, and I've grappled with people with over a 100 lbs on me on a daily basis. So I have no doubt a pro like DJ could hold his own.

Look guys, I know MM deserves his recogniztion, but he won't get it by fighting smaller guys. Just the way the fans are. With his small stature, he's going to have to prove to people he really is as good as he is. That's why I said, if he can fight and beat bigger guys, their is no doubt anymore about the aura of his skills. Not my fault really, blame society. Besides, I think DJ could actually handle his own against bigger guys if he was to train for them. I'm a small guy myself, and I've grappled with people with over a 100 lbs on me on a daily basis. So I have no doubt a pro like DJ could hold his own.

he was a BW before he droppeed down to FLW. If the ufc actually marketed him or had him drop by to commentate and plug his twitch stream and xbox account then he could easily be a star. if floyd mayweather's boring ass can be a star MM can aswell

Ok this is getting ridiculous.
Lately on sherdog there are lots of threads about DJ like this: "Why do people hate DJ?", "Why do people dont care about DJ?", "Why do people dont think DJ is a goat?". Just stop it already.
I really think lately mouse got a lot of fans. Noone is "hating" on him here (except maybe some edgy kids and people hungry for attention). It's just some people are less interested in fights with smaller guys. and it is their right to not enjoy them.
And for the record i enjoy MM fights.

125 is pretty new.

He's got the same problem Ronda did (on here) he dominates but people don't know who he's dominating so they're not that impressed.

It's not just his size though. He has such a boring personality and zero presence in any audience.

Back