Which is Daniel Ryan Cormier's better weight class? Heavyweight or Light Heavyweight

Which weight class does / did he perform better at?

• Total voters

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
HW

f6a0e380-05f9-40fc-a358-704f1c66aaee_185381567.jpg

LHW

2905F2F800000578-3094785-Daniel_Cormier_lands_a_kick_on_Anthony_Johnson_on_his_way_to_vic-a-5_1432454608750.jpg

HW DC was unbeaten, had a speed advantage, hit harder and had more explosive takedowns, his stamina was also better. Going down to LHW in my opinion has just put a bit of a ceiling on his performance.

What put a ceiling was the level of competition he has been facing at LHW, specially JBJ, Rumble was a good test and he beat him.

He might would have done better at HW, but he didnt wanted to face Cain, who knows if he would had made it to the top there, at LHW he got more like a glorified Interim belt tho.

What Jonny Bones said at that 200 press conference was right, DC is the next best thing at LHW besides JBJ.

I think after he loses at 200 he should go back up to HW and dominate again. Although not sure how he will do against my boy Stipe. :p

If it becomes quite apparent that Cain aint getting that strap back and DC loses to jones again he should definitely go back up to HW.

Cormier is really overrated at HW around here. Good HW, yes, obviously. But people blow it way the fuck out of proportion when they say shit like "he can easily go back to HW and win the title whenever he wants."

Cormier's main wins at HW are TRT Bigfoot which is a good win, a win vs Barnett where both of them broke their hands, a win over Frank Mir where he held him against the cage for 15 minutes in an absolute snoozefest, and a comfortable but relatively uneventful win over Roy Nelson. Nothing really jumps off the screen at me as mind-blowing or "insta-champion" if he goes back to HW. Top 10 HW and contender yes, but long reigning champion? I think we need more evidence until we can say that.

He's undefeated at HW, right? Id say that's where he is most successful and effective.

He has fought the very best at LHW and only lost to Jones. Looking at the current HW rankings, he has wins over #9, 10, and 12, but has yet to face the nine highest ranked guys. He might beat most of them but all we can do is speculate. Personally, I think he runs into serious trouble with the top five. Both Gus and Rumble almost finished him.

Cormier is really overrated at HW around here. Good HW, yes, obviously. But people blow it way the fuck out of proportion when they say shit like "he can easily go back to HW and win the title whenever he wants."

Cormier's main wins at HW are TRT Bigfoot which is a good win, a win vs Barnett where both of them broke their hands, a win over Frank Mir where he held him against the cage for 15 minutes in an absolute snoozefest, and a comfortable but relatively uneventful win over Roy Nelson. Nothing really jumps off the screen at me as mind-blowing or "insta-champion" if he goes back to HW. Top 10 HW and contender yes, but long reigning champion? I think we need more evidence until we can say that.
so who do think were better opponents than those 4 at the time? struve? gonzaga? gimme a break. He has beaten some of top HW out there. Stop downplaying his accomplishment

so who do think were better opponents than those 4 at the time? struve? gonzaga? gimme a break. He has beaten some of top HW out there. Stop downplaying his accomplishment

Bigfoot and Barnett were fine. He beat Mir in the midst of his 0-4 skid with a horrible performance by both of them and Roy Nelson who is the ultimate gatekeeper. I'm not downplaying anything, that's literally what happened.

Middleweight. Too short to beat Jones at LHW.

I think he takes Luke down and whips him:

Back