Make no mistake, Nate IS the most important part of the equation.

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
So why shouldn't he be well compensated? Without Nate, McGregor doesn't make as much in his next fight either. You can no longer push McGregor viable as a LW or WW contender coming off a loss, and fighting Aldo or Edgar wouldn't draw as much as a fight with Diaz again. If Conor had won the 1st fight, the keys to the UFC would've been given to him. Nate won and got nothing but a rematch offer. So after being thoroughly being disrespected during the 1st fight (putting him a CNBC show or whatever) and then being treated as do-over now, he should hold out for big money. Whatever Conor gets, Nate should get no lower than 50% of it. Yeah Nate, wont get anywhere the same money were he to fight even for the LW title, but Conor is actually the one who needs this rematch more.

The best thing is, Nate is perfectly aware of it.

Nate really threw a wrench in the UFC's plans for McGregor. If Cabo Diaz would have lost like he was supposed to, Conor would be a demi-god right now.

I doubt we see a rematch between them. UFC does not really want it, so they won't offer Nate what he deserves. McGregor will go back to fighting midgets where he found success before.

I don't think it will ever happen.

I think we should all just move on.

I don't care about this equation any more.

Oh yes it will.

Conor isn't as important to Dana as money is.

If Conor ever wants to fight at LW, Nate Diaz is going to be a factor. Nobody is going to take him seriously unless he fights Nate.

The bigger man excuse doesn't work when you are both fighting in the same weight class. Conor either has to fight Nate at some point, or stay at FW forever.

5gMB9Xd.gif

Nate really did mess up the UFC's plans and I love it lol. I hope Nate gets another fat paycheck he deserves it.

That's what happens when you put all of your eggs into one basket, Dana forced his stars down everybody's throat and when they lost it blew up in his face.

boat%20gif_zpsxuqetu6m.gif

Nate is like, the most important part of the Weed for MMA Equation.

The actual Conor Fight... not really important and I don't really give a fuck.

Unfortunately for Dana and the gang, Nate has the upper hand here. They thought 20/20 Nate was tough to negotiate with, rich Nate is going to be 10 times as hard.
He just made a lot of money from the last fight, and Conor needs him more than he needs conor. If conor is "obsessed" and desperate to fight Nate and get his mulligan, they're gonna need to pay up. Nate is an equal part in the equation of selling the rematch. No way he should step in there for a fraction of what conor is getting. it's not title fight. Give them both 1M to fight and equal share of the PPV. I'm guessing that's close to what nate is asking.
"he beat me ... straight up. Pay that man. Pay that man his money."

If someone's marketability rose proportionately to their wins, a guy like Bob Sapp would not have been invited to events time and time again.

Yes, Conor lost... But make no mistake about it... Nate did not magically inherit Conor's star power in the process.

And star power equals negotiating power.

Everyone here would love to believe that Conor is now some kind of a dud (much like Ronda), but his star is only shining minimally less bright on account of this loss.

Nate's 15 minutes of fame are up time to take your beating like a man. Conor still has his draw power until he loses again.

Only Conor cares about Nate.

Nobody else wants to see Nate smack Conor around.

Conor vs Aldo or Edgar sells the same.

Therefore Nate doesn't matter.

I honestly dont see this fight happening at 202 anymore lol

Hell, it might not even happen this year. Nate is fully aware he has the control, he knows he is the one they need to bring McGregor back to his form and without the rematch Conor will always have a HUGE shadow in his career.

#Diazbros2016

Only Conor cares about Nate.

Nobody else wants to see Nate smack Conor around.

Conor vs Aldo or Edgar sells the same.

Therefore Nate doesn't matter.

Fangirls would disagree, then turn delusional and say Nate is ducking.

So why shouldn't he be well compensated? Without Nate, McGregor doesn't make as much in his next fight either. You can no longer push McGregor viable as a LW or WW contender coming off a loss, and fighting Aldo or Edgar wouldn't draw as much as a fight with Diaz again. If Conor had won the 1st fight, the keys to the UFC would've been given to him. Nate won and got nothing but a rematch offer. So after being thoroughly being disrespected during the 1st fight (putting him a CNBC show or whatever) and then being treated as do-over now, he should hold out for big money. Whatever Conor gets, Nate should get no lower than 50% of it. Yeah Nate, wont get anywhere the same money were he to fight even for the LW title, but Conor is actually the one who needs this rematch more.

You are right..... except for one thing.... Nate is Conors kryptonite. I knew he was going to win that fight against Conor and if they fight again most likly he would win again.

Nate is just a really bad matchup for Conor, he has a great reach advantage, better boxing better grappling. It's true that he has lost so much credit but if i were the UFC or Conor.... I would stay the hell away from Nate. Because if they fight again the outcome is most likly going to be the same just its gonna be in the 4th rnd or 5th nstead.

And if he loses again he will have lost all the hype and he will just be another small fighter with a big mouth.

Back