Tito Ortiz: UFC would 'crash and burn' without Dana

ortizgnp

Juice Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Last week in an interview with RJ Clifford and Steve Cofield on SiriusXM Rush Fight Club, Ortiz spoke about the possibility of a UFC sale and how the organization would fare without Dana White at the helm.

"I think the promotion would completely fail. I think it would crash and burn, that's my opinion. I think Dana does a great job with the promotion. Sometimes we don't agree on the same things but that's just between me and him. Like I say, it's a girlfriend-boyfriend type of relationship, him being the girlfriend of course."

(http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...tiz-says-the-ufc-would-crash-and-burn-without)

ufc121_weighin_28.jpg

rhkaL7k.jpg%20

Hespeck Dana's name.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Could be..New ownership definitely makes me nervous. There's a chance they could do a good job, but there is also a chance they could run it into the ground..

We'll see pretty soon.

I'm surprised to hear him say that, though.

We'll see pretty soon.

I'm surprised to hear him say that, though.

Unless he's trying to drive the price down, by suggesting that once Dana's gone, the company will tank.

Tito's not smart enough to think that far ahead, is he?

Tito is telling it how I feel

I wouldn't necessarily agree with him, but I do think Dana has done much more good than bad for the sport.

Hard to take anything Tito says seriously these days.

And the dude endorsed Donald Trump. :/

latest

tito-ortiz-ken-shamrock-o.gif
20130321140456-de5cf89f.gif
2j2ia69.jpg
Screen+Shot+2013-10-24+at+6.22.40+AM.png
Tito_Ortiz_the_bird.jpg
9.gif
tito-ortiz-breaks-door-o.gif

P.S. - Thanks Randy Quaid.

But will UFC really sell?? I hope not.

I don't care at all that Tito said it, but I agree %100 .

The UFC is at a really weird and confrontational time with their fighters and reporters. The Reebok deal really has a lot of backlash and people have spoken out against it numerous times at this point. The whole ego battle with Mcgregor and Diaz isnt something you want to just hand to someone new to the situation. With Nick Diaz also coming off suspension soon he is gonna want a big fight and money. Also Jones vs Cormier 2 is going to make LHW look like the Anderson era with Jones having no one to really fight. Now Aldo or Edgar will have an "interim" belt and people are still waiting on that. Fox is firing reporters left and right because they want to be their own person still.

Its a shit show in the UFC right now and I agree that the Zuffa team is probably the only ones who can manage it back to sanity without the business going under completely.

Back