@Green
Reaction score
In response to Conor.

Everyone seems to think boxing is limited and MMA is a full real fight

IT IS NOT !

Boxing is a sport with rules

MMA is a sport with different rules

Neither is a streetfight

Things like eye gouges, groin strikes, strikes to the throat/ears ,soccer kicks, improvised weapons, mates jumping in, strikes to back of the neck make it a whole different beast

MMA training and Boxing training does give someone certain skills like conditioning, distancing and timing, concepts of power generations etc which no doubt help in a street fight, but definitely not the same thing

In my city, there was a fight outside a nightclub, idiot A shot at idiot B, took him to the ground with a double leg and ended up on top of idiot B. a mate of idiot B knocked out idiot A cold with a nearby piece of rock. Idiot A was a sitting target as he as on top of idiot B but unable to defend against any other attackers who he just didn;t see coming

That is the reality of the street. There are no rules. Techniques and strategies need to be totally different to any combat sport.

Thanks for sharing

Regardless, your entire premise blows.

Boxing is much, much, much more limiting than MMA.

You can't open or close your hands.
You can't grab.
You can't clinch.
You can't use forearms
You can't use elbows
You can't use knees
You can't use shins
You can't use feet
You can't do anything that's not standing

Boxing is a sport of punching.
MMA is a sport of fighting

MMA has more legal techniques and less restrictions so yes it is less limiting than boxing.

MMA allows for more free expression of combat. If you dont see that,you are blind. You can be a lesser striker,shitty at wrestling,dont know any submissions,and still figure out a way to win. For me,at least,thats what makes MMA the best(and most unpredictable) sport in the world. It also makes it closer to a real fight than boxing,as you have to fight back from much worse situations than just being on the ropes.

Easily one of the most retarded thread titles Ive seen for a long time.

Mixed Martial Farts. There are all kinds of farts. Wet farts, Sharts, many different kinds.

The premise is absurd. Both that MMA is as limited a form as boxing and the idea that fighting always involves guns and multiple people.

So because they are both sports with rules they are both just as limiting? That can't be your argument. Sadly MMA allows every boxing technique (with much smaller gloves) while also allowing a ton more.

Ergo in a "real" or "street" fight boxing's rule set limits more fighting techniques (no grappling making this a pretty moot point from the get go).

Whenever a boxer comments on this it's always like they are arguing from a fantasy world where UFC 1 (or any of the UFC's really) never happened.

I don't think anybody thinks mma is at all like real street fighting. Street fighters are usually completely unskilled and drunk.

Growing up I was involved in a ton of street fights

I have never been eye gouged

Iv never been kicked in my nuts

Iv never been punch in my throat.

Lol I have been jumped, stabbed and shot tho . But seeing as how u can't bring a weapon into the ring, and it's a one on one sport why bring up those points.

By the way boxing is my fav sport, but mma is much closer to a real fight.

In response to Conor.

Everyone seems to think boxing is limited and MMA is a full real fight

IT IS NOT !

Boxing is a sport with rules

MMA is a sport with different rules

Neither is a streetfight

Things like eye gouges, groin strikes, strikes to the throat/ears ,soccer kicks, improvised weapons, mates jumping in, strikes to back of the neck make it a whole different beast

MMA training and Boxing training does give someone certain skills like conditioning, distancing and timing, concepts of power generations etc which no doubt help in a street fight, but definitely not the same thing

In my city, there was a fight outside a nightclub, idiot A shot at idiot B, took him to the ground with a double leg and ended up on top of idiot B. a mate of idiot B knocked out idiot A cold with a nearby piece of rock. Idiot A was a sitting target as he as on top of idiot B but unable to defend against any other attackers who he just didn;t see coming

That is the reality of the street. There are no rules. Techniques and strategies need to be totally different to any combat sport.

Oh boy.

Growing up I was involved in a ton of street fights

I have never been eye gouged

Iv never been kicked in my nuts

Iv never been punch in my throat.

Lol I have been jumped, stabbed and shot tho . But seeing as how u can't bring a weapon into the ring, and it's a one on one sport why bring up those points.

By the way boxing is my fav sport, but mma is much closer to a real fight.

Listen,when people bring up street fights,or "a real fight" cant we just assume they mean a one on one fight in the street without knives and guns? its not that hard to understand the intent of what someone is saying when they say "street fight" its just some contrarian nonsense to bring up all the variables of some random situation. "what about oncoming traffic bro!??!"

Boxing is a sport of punching.
MMA is a sport of fighting
Sounds good, but not true according to Merriam-Webster:

fighting

1. intransitive verb
  2. 1a : to contend in battle or physical combat; especially : to strive to overcome a person by blows or weaponsb : to engage in boxing

Back