Royce vs. Tito

madi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Former UFC champion Tito Ortiz wants a retiring fight against another former UFC champion: Royce Gracie.

Here's what he said in a interview on MMAFighting.

This is the last fight on my contract, it's the last fight that I want to compete. I'm 41 years old. I was supposed to be retired and done with this business at 40. Nineteen years I think is good enough for me. So let's go out with a bang. Let's go out with one of the biggest names in the world of mixed martial arts.

Royce Gracie is here, he's competing. He just stopped Ken Shamrock super quick. I think that would be a fun fight. I got caught with a submission by a black belt, Liam McGeary. Royce Gracie's a black belt. Can he catch me? That's a question. We're both old pioneers of the sport, legends of the sport. I think the names would sell. Let's give the fans something exciting.

So, who do you got?

Love Royce, but I have a felling that this fight will go down just like the Matt Hughes one.

sizingHarness_05.gif

Jesus. Tito would absolutely obliterate Royce. I'm picturing prime Tito completely annihilating Royce with 50 lbs of muscle and ground and pound. Savage.

Disgusting.

This is why people don't like Tito. "Let me fight the small guy." I know it's Royce who made his name off beating bigger guys but...he's 50.

It wouldn't be competitive Tito by TKO.

It is a clear cash crab and some media attention for Tito.

While Tito is certainly past his prime, he's downplaying his advantages here. Liam is a big (6'6") LHW in his 30s. Royce is almost 50 and weighs in the low 180s with his gi on.

Royce isn't a dynamic fighter with super long legs who can get a triangle like Liam or Werdum. He'd be much slower, weaker, less mobile and easier to hold down than Liam, and Tito knows this.

Tito likes fighting older and smaller guys, though. Look how many times he fought Ken Shamrock, or how he's tried to get Frank Shamrock (another smaller fighter) out of retirement to fight again.

Add a cracked skull and an old opponent and you get again what we already had when Anderson Silva was calling out Conor McGregor. LOL.

These guys just can't be fucking serious.

Tito was bitterly disappointed to find out that Helio Gracie was dead, so he settled for calling out a guy 8 years older and 30 pounds lighter.

It will look like this for 30 minutes & then be called a draw.

Shout out to UFC 5!

upload_2016-5-23_9-29-42.png

Tito is a clown. Why isn't he calling out Fedor? That fight would actually be interesting.

Tito Ortiz has a big head. But how much of that skull is pure bone, and how much is actual brain matter?

So Tito wants to fight a much lighter 50 year old who said he was most likely one and done? Very brave of you Tito. Call out Fedor and go big. You are bigger than Fedor is anyway, so it's still a smaller opponent.

Tito would smash Royce, would not be fun to watch

0 interest. In fact, negative interest. I've been a defender of Bellator, but I'd be unhappy if they made this fight.

Would rather Crocop come out of retirement for Tito's final fight.

I hope it goes down, and by some outrageous miracle.....I hope Royce breaks his fucking leg and cripples him for life.

That would be some proper karma for Tito suggesting this fight.

Tito just completely trashed what was left of his legacy by even suggesting this. The only way it could get even worse is if he gets his wish, and gets choked out like a hooker that is short half her money when she goes to meet her pimp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back