When the more dangerous,accomplished fighter loses the decision.

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
This is when people really lose their minds. Forrest Griffin fought the perfect kind of fight he needed to fight,in order to beat Rampage Jackson,and the same can be said for Michael Bisping against Anderson Silva. Usually posters get utterly butthurt,upset and go into denial over these wins. Anyone got anymore fights like this?

The 1st fight that came to my mind was Rodrigo vs Ricco ... even Rodrigo looked surprised with the decision , and Ricco also took it "reasonably" well

That time when Hendricks beat GSP...

Wait...I don't think I'm doing this right.

hahah

youse guys.

Rampage v Evans- Rampage almost had him, but Evans never endangered Rampage.

Its like most fans think that if a guy find out he doesnt have one punch knock out power,or isnt the best finisher,they should quit the game,or fight like they do have it and get knocked out in a firefight.

Those are probably the two best examples. Forrest and Bisping are both weaker (less powerful) volume-strikers, but they're also both TUF winners. which made it even worse for those who hated it.

**The TUF thing really only applies to Forrest. I first noticed it when he lost to Tito. But when he beat Shogun and Rampage, even I almost started making excuses. Those losses hurt my PRIDE.

I thought Bisping/Silva was very tight and it also had that drama from rd 3. I gacr it to The Count, anyway. Forrest, however, clearly beat Rampage. That was such a controversial decision on this forum, but I honestly thought it was a clear win. Forrest fought perfectly and Rampage fought very poorly.

Last edited:
Chael almost got it against Anderson. He was perfect for like 99% of the fight.

Forrest fought perfectly and Rampage fought very poorly.

Indeed..but one of the cool dramas about that fight was how tough rampage was. He eventually was able to recover from being a one legged man later in the fight,where most would have quit.

Korean Zombie def was robbed but they both fought like baseball throwing savages

pettis/barboza comes to mind, but barboza very dangerous too

Bisping was able to outpoint leben too,despite leben's best attempts to cave in bispings skull,bisping was able to stay away and take almost no damage and just box leben at will. It was a fight where no one hurt each other but bisping dominated. The crowd booed bisping but what do you want,leben made it easy for him by being so predictable,and its stupid to try and knock Leben out,as history has shown.

This is when people really lose their minds. Forrest Griffin fought the perfect kind of fight he needed to fight,in order to beat Rampage Jackson,and the same can be said for Michael Bisping against Anderson Silva. Usually posters get utterly butthurt,upset and go into denial over these wins. Anyone got anymore fights like this?

It's not easy to think of really good examples that satisfy:

A) Went to decision
B) Was an example of great gameplan overcoming obstacles
C) Was antagonistic enough of a hesult to set people off

... and at the same time doesn't stray into wrestlefuck debate.

Back