holly holm...

ukguy25

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
how the hell as holly not got an immediate rematch against tate ???? knocks out one of the biggest stars...was clearly beating Tate until she got caught....i dont understand this ???? why has nobody even brought this farce up!

because the instant rematches are stupid anyway and she didnt even defend her title once?

Your thread title made me realize that "Holly Holm" could be the new "Holy shit". Like: "Holly Holm, how did Holly Holm not get a title shot?"

Holly's my favourite 35er including the men's division too but having one or two fights before another opportunity makes sense, I'm sure she'll be a champion once again.

because the instant rematches are stupid anyway and she didnt even defend her title once?
well you didnt wrote most important thing, ufc doesnt like her for killing honda show :)

Meh, she's a much tougher challenge than Nunes but I don't mind seeing her beat a contender first, experience can only help, she's only had 4 fights in the UFC after all.

well you didnt wrote most important thing, ufc doesnt like her for killing honda show :)

thats also the only impressive thing she has done in her ufc career

Because the UFC knew Holm didn't take Tate seriously as evidenced by her tomfoolery during the open sessions. Add to that Holm is quite aged in the face area and the fact she REKT RR it would make sense, in terms of having RR return, for Holm to be out of the lime light.

If holly had survived the fifth rd it would have been a draw.

how the hell as holly not got an immediate rematch against tate ???? knocks out one of the biggest stars...was clearly beating Tate until she got caught....i dont understand this ???? why has nobody even brought this farce up!

How the hell do you get a rematch if you failed to defend your belt even one time?

Buster Douglas doesn't deserve the Tyson treatment just because he happened to beat Tyson. Also Holm wasn't clearly beating nobody, the fight was going to end up as a draw with the way it was going.

I really like Holly but instant rematches are pointless. So let her fight someone else and i am sure, she will fight for the belt again.

Last edited:
The NASC or whatever needs to step in and make immediate rematches illegal already to put an end to this madness.

Immediate rematches, for the most part are dumb as hell.

If you lose the belt you should have to win at least one non-title fight for a rematch.

Well she already fulfilled her destiny. Kicking the head in of the most obnoxious, arrogant, self important, disrespectful fighter ever. Anything else is icing on the cake. She will get another shot right after she wins her next fight and regain her belt.

I will be so butthurt if Valentina knocks her out

why has nobody even brought this farce up!

Typical Zuffa - trying sneak this stuff past us by putting Tate's fight on UFC 200, thinking nobody would notice. It almost worked but thanks to OP, this issue has now been brought up for discussion.

All 3 Judges gave Tate a 10 - 8 round and although Holly won the other 3 rounds they were closer, if Tate didn't submit Holly she probably did enough to win the round anyway and make it a draw, so despite keeping her belt if she didn't go Night Night she wasn't 'clearly beating' Tate and had already looked vulnerable on the ground in the 10 - 8 round.

why has nobody even brought this farce up!

1) People have
2) More people haven't, cause bringing it up is an actual farce as opposed to Holly not getting an instant rematch.

Back