Lose DJ or Lose Flyweight?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you HAD to choose between either having Demetrious Johnson retire from fighting or having the Flyweight division abolished (merged with Bantam), which would you choose?

You cannot pick both
You cannot say neither

You must pick one

Both.

No, wait...Neither.

Obviously, you'd want uninterestingweight to be abolished, and pro-Zzzzzzweight heretics crucified and burned.

goodbye 125

Weight classes should be restructured anyway. Too damn many of them.

HW. (No limit)

The flyweight division ought to be abolished.

I can't believe they were considering a 115-pound male division at one point.

DJ is a great fighter, it would be a shame to see him retire so young. Obviously 125 is pretty unpopular so its easy to say get rid of that division

Obviously get rid of 125. Then DJ can get some good fights at 135 instead of who ever is about to make 125 that week.

If you HAD to choose between either having Demetrious Johnson retire from fighting or having the Flyweight division abolished (merged with Bantam), which would you choose?

You cannot pick both
You cannot say neither

You must pick one
How dare you. I've been pushing for a 75 lbs division. You're gonna fuck up my plans.

Just get rid of the whole division. There isn't a single FLW fighter in my sig for a reason

Flyweight division abolished

I'm gonna choose to abolish this thread instead.

Shutter the division and then after Jones dispatches of Cormier again, they can get rid of LHW too and split it between MW and HW.

Really, LHW is in an almost identical situation as flyweight in that you have 3-4 top guys and essentially a bunch of other guys, it's just that with LHW the also-rans have bigger names but at this point they are just as ineffective against the top comp. if not more so.

You cannot pick both
You cannot say neither

You must pick one

I take it you like your men big do you?

The Problem is not FLW. It is having divisions with more than 30 fighters and having more than 30 events a year.

You cannot pick both
You cannot say neither

You must pick one
If I had to chose one screw the division that puts me to sleep.

I would like 125, 135 and 145 to be merged into a single 140 division. DJ can do as he likes

You cannot pick both
You cannot say neither

You must pick one

I'd rather lose Flw and have everyone move up than lose Mighty Mouse
MM is my favorite under 145

Why would you want him to retire? That wouldn't help the division. If you really want, just pretend that the current 2nd best fighter is the champion. That's almost the same thing

I really disagree. Keep both.
Mighty Mouse will not continue winning forever, and if he had lost to Cejudo, than this thread would not exist.

Yes he's insanely dominant, and there aren't that many fighters at 125, but I believe in the long run it will work.
If Urijah Faber dropped the insane amount of muscle mass he's packed on, he could probably make 125 with a good cut, and might be able to beat MM.

If MM wasn't around, than 125 would actually be pretty interesting. So IMO, they should keep both.

Back