Who are the best athletes in UFC

Winebrandt

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
It feels like UFC has alot of rejects that didn´t quite make it in other sports, and a few new breed guys who thinks of mma as something to go for. (Rory and Sage for example)

Do you think any UFC fighter could have made it in NBA, NFL, NHL, or real football in Europe and i dont mean rejects like Mitrione who chose mma as a plan B..

Who in the UFC are actual good athletes that could possibly have been world class in other sports?

Last edited:
Well GSP is ofc a tremendous athlete, then you have the obvious ones in Romero, Cejudo and other high-calibre wrestlers who actually made it at the top. Rockhold also strikes me as someone who could have been good at other sports.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Tyron Woodley, Ovince St-Preux and Luke Rockhold.

And I obviously have to mention Georges St-Pierre.

People won't agree with this because he's new in UFC with the hype behind him and everything, but Northcutt imo.

There was a video of him outrunning lots of solid UFC athletes by far. Like..... by far.

And also stuff like this only strengthens the argument;

siT53N8%2B-%2BImgur.gif

I think one problem is you cant really start to train mma as a kid, atleast not in Sweden

Brock Lesnar

While NFL Combine stats aren’t always an indicator of a player’s future success in the league, it is a great way to measure physical attributes. When Brock Lesnar tried out for the NFL in 2004, Lesnar was put through the ringer to see how his physical skills would stack up with the rest of the potential players. The results were, umm, staggering for a man his size:

Height: 6″3

Weight: 283 lbs

40 Yard Dash Time: 4.7 seconds

Vertical Jump height: 35 inches

Standing Long Jump distance: 10 feet

Bench Press: 225 lbs at 30 reps

That is a running back living in the body of a defensive end ladies and gentlemen. To put the numbers in perspective, J.J Watt of the Houston Texans “only” ran a 4.84 second 40 yard dash. If Lesnar grew up with football over wrestling, we could have had a monster defensive end.

People won't agree with this because he's new in UFC with the hype behind him and everything, but Northcutt imo.

There was a video of him outrunning lots of solid UFC athletes by far. Like..... by far.

And also stuff like this only strengthens the argument;

siT53N8%2B-%2BImgur.gif

Gassed in 2 rounds and the fight didn't have too much action.

Jon Jones is a great athlete, if he moved to heavyweight, we would see more of his athleticism. I'm sure most are aware that he has 2 brothers in the NFL that are solid players.

Athletic in what sense?
-coordination
-stamina
-speed
-power
-agility
-reflexes
-all of the above?

----> MM

GSP, Weidman, Rockhold, Holm, anybody who's competed at the olympics.

Back