Were you a Strikeforce Ronda fan?

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before the Ronda Rousey show, before the Joe Rogan hyperbole, before the ill-mannered, ill-tempered, unladylike behavior, before the zany conspiracy theories, and before the crass words and hand gestures, there was this...

RondaRousey_crop_north.jpg

...Strikeforce Ronda. A high-spirited, friendly, and super dedicated role model of an athlete. I'm curious to know whether her haters today remember this version of Ronda, and whether they look back on it fondly. I do.

yes, i was, good way to put it.

after Cybgorg beat Gina, I wanted American revenge, like Rocky 4.

over the years ive grown to like Cyborg more than Ronda.

liked Strikeforce Ronda, HATE UFC Ronda

(but i also realized, UFC RONDA IS THE REAL RONDA).

Weight cutting Ronda is fucking hot, it`s a shame that she becomes whale Ronda off season.

I was fapping to Carano and Rousey before mma even existed.

Only knew Gina and Cyborg at that point

I was a Ronda fan back then (still am). I'm curious to see how you think she changed? She was always rowdy. The Tare fight was made when she was on strikeforce for less then a year. And Ronda behaved more or less the same

If by "Stikeforce", you mean "In the Kitchen", then yes... huge fan.

I was a Ronda fan back then (still am). I'm curious to see how you think she changed? She was always rowdy. The Tare fight was made when she was on strikeforce for less then a year. And Ronda behaved more or less the same

I remember her attitude being completely different, but I could be wrong.

Here come the MMA hipsters. Id be surprised if more than 5% of this board knew anything about her until her to ufc debut.
Women's mma got little fanfare back then.

Not the one that was talking trash on Tate for no reason. I liked her until the Budd fight ended and she announced she was going down to 135, but I think I would have liked anyone who had potential to embarrass Cyborg

I was a fan of her before i realized what a horrible person she is.

lol no

Was all about Cyborg, watching her beat the shit out of Gina and readings the butthurt comments on here after was some of the best shit.

I was a Strikeforce Ronda fan, it was after the Bethe fight that I stopped being a fan.

Here come the MMA hipsters. Id be surprised if more than 5% of this board knew anything about her until her to ufc debut.

You might be right. I was a Showtime subscriber and watched pretty much every Strikeforce event back then. She had a pretty good buzz going for her. A very stupid time for Strikeforce to have sold to Zuffa.

You can't be serious

Before the Ronda Rousey show, before the Joe Rogan hyperbole, before the ill-mannered, ill-tempered, unladylike behavior, before the zany conspiracy theories, and before the crass words and hand gestures, there was this...

RondaRousey_crop_north.jpg

...Strikeforce Ronda. A high-spirited, friendly, and super dedicated role model of an athlete. I'm curious to know whether her haters today remember this version of Ronda, and whether they look back on it fondly. I do.

I liked Rhonda back in the day. I think I first saw her fight on a show on HDNet FIghts. After that I saw her Strikeforce fights. The more she showed her personality the less I liked her. I still like watching her fight though...just not a fan of her as a person.

I always picked Cyborg to beat her and got a lot of flack about it on these boards. It looks like a lot more people agree with me now.

Last edited:
I knew her but didn't really care for women's MMA in general. I just remember them hyping on how Meisha was wrestling guys in HS and I pretty much wrote them all of as not real fighters

Back