Old Bas Rutten street self-defense video. Best I've ever seen. (NOT the funny one. The real one)

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I saw this video about 12 years ago and downloaded it, but lost it on an old computer. Glad to have found it again this morning! Hands down THE best street self- defense video I've ever seen. Realistic moves that are simple to implement, and Bas explains them all in depth. This is part of a series of self defense vids he did and I recommend them all. Good stuff. Enjoy

If any sherdoggers have any other good instruction vids feel free to post 'em up

I have the whole volume, epic stuff.

A Clockwork Orange is the manual to street fighting.

Let me explain to you something about porcelain...

CRUSH IT IN THE FACE!!!

Thanks a ton! finding this in the early 2000s is what got me back into mma and seek out a gym.

It was October or November of 01.

I've got those on DVD.

Best Bas Rutten advise/instructional vids by far though are..

I still got to laugh, most of the people practising this shit will freeze and forget everything once they get punched by some one the size of Bas.

Thanks for posting Kick. Bas is great, love listening to his stories.

I saw this video about 12 years ago and downloaded it, but lost it on an old computer. Glad to have found it again this morning! Hands down THE best street self- defense video I've ever seen. Realistic moves that are simple to implement, and Bas explains them all in depth. This is part of a series of self defense vids he did and I recommend them all. Good stuff. Enjoy

If any sherdoggers have any other good instruction vids feel free to post 'em up

Beast

I don't know who the guy in the video was, but he showed technique like a Bas.

Best technique is still to wait to opposition is not looking and bottle him.

I always liked Richard Dimitri. Like bas the guys a riot to listen to

No bullshit I had that happen to me. I was piss drunk and I heard a loud CLINK sound and looked and realized this asshole had bonked me with a beer bottle. Didn't hurt me at all. Didn't break the bottle either (those things are harder to break than movies make it seem). So I made him pay for that :D

My point is don't trust that bonking somebody with a bottle will necessarily hurt them at all. You're better off punching them or choking them from behind. Or kicking their legs out from under them and mounting them. Or picking them up and slamming them on concrete.

VERY IRONIC, that so many of the hand and joint locks Bas shows in this video are aikido techniques...as we all know, Joe Rogan and Bas absolutely insult the hell out of aikido on Joe's show, mainly as a way of insulting Stevan Seagall, (who deserves insulting)....but it just goes to show you that aikido joint holds and hand/wrist locks have a place in MMA... I quit aikido after only 2 belt advancements because of lack of serious sparring but I actually used a white belt aikido technique in a real life situation when someone grabbed the front of my shirt in a bar.

No bullshit I had that happen to me. I was piss drunk and I heard a loud CLINK sound and looked and realized this asshole had bonked me with a beer bottle. Didn't hurt me at all. Didn't break the bottle either (those things are harder to break than movies make it seem). So I made him pay for that :D

My point is don't trust that bonking somebody with a bottle will necessarily hurt them at all. You're better off punching them or choking them from behind. Or kicking their legs out from under them and mounting them. Or picking them up and slamming them on concrete.
Well, correct technique is to continue hitting with bottle. And when u get the sweet spot, like a homerun hit, it will break. I have also been on both sides of that equation. I also make sure I pick up and pocket two empties to put in the back pockets, as when the bottle doesn't break the first time... it can also slip out of hand. You need a reload.

The funny one of Bas basically had all the sneaky nasty stuff, I laughed hard at it but wouldn't have been funny if I was on the receiving end of a Bas Beat down, heard he could be pretty vicious in real life.

Same thing happened to me but the guy connected the bottle to the bottom of my chin, bottle also didn't break and I stayed up (got one dig in before the bouncers split it up). I wasn't as lucky though, Jaw was killing for about a week. He got a good swing going with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back